2 Days In Paris

Started by MacGuffin, June 21, 2007, 01:36:36 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: August 10th, 2007 (limited)

Starring: Julie Delpy, Adam Goldberg, Daniel Bruhl, Albert Delpy, Adan Jodorowsky 

Directed by: Julie Delpy

Premise: Two days in the relationship of an extremely neurotic New York-based couple. The stressed-out couple make a misguided attempt to re-infuse their relationship with romance in Paris--the woman's birthplace as well as the home of several of her ex-boyfriends and high maintenance, non-English speaking parents.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

72teeth

thats paris in jail for ya...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

clerkguy23

i love how one of the plot keywords for 1 night in paris is 'shaved vagina'... you know, just in case that's all you had to go by and you had no idea who paris hilton was, you could identify her by her vagina.

children with angels

I liked this. It's not mindblowing, but it's a great combination of subtly intelligent insights into relationships and very funny moments. It' like a more exaggerated version of Before Sunrise/ Sunset by way of Woody Allen. That gives it a bit too much credit (it particularly goes off the rails towads the end), but it's really honest and enjoyable, with nice jabs at American-French relations and U.S./ European mores more generally. The kind of film you wouldn't rush out to buy, but that - if you picked it up cheap some time - you'd find yourself watching more often than you'd think you would.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

clerkguy23

sorry that i always reach easy conclusions but honestly this movie wasn't very good. it kind of sucked actually. there were some funny parts that i enjoyed, especially with adam goldberg, but overall it was a pretty big disappointment. what the fuck was with that voice over? as soon as anything got heated, julie delpy's stupid voice chimes in, "well, to summerize the next four hours of conversation..." instead of actually writing an awesome scene of a relationship breakdown in a foreign country. i'd say that it's a great rental or hbo viewing, but other than that, don't waste your time.