Strangers with Candy

Started by godardian, May 12, 2003, 04:40:35 PM

Sleuth

Would it be safe to say that Jerri is your favourite character. Godardian?
I like to hug dogs

godardian

Quote from: SleuthWould it be safe to say that Jerri is your favourite character. Godardian?

I think so... I mean, the other characters, funny as they are, sort of all orbit around Jerri, right? She is, of course, a filthy, fiendish urchin, but I actually think there's a charm... even a kind of navete... to that character. No sentiment to be seen in the show, thankfully, but I appreciate that it's centered around someone who's crawled out of the gutter, instincts intact.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sleuth

The character annoys me after a while (episodes that focus way too much on her are probably my least favourites)
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/strangers-with-candy.html

Title: Strangers with Candy
Starring: Amy Sedaris
Released: 27th June 2006
SRP: $62.99

Further Details:
Paramount has sent over full details on the complete series of Strangers with Candy, which arrives from the 27th June. Retail will be around $62.99. Extras include optional commentaries on select episodes with stars Amy Sedaris, Stephen Colbert and Paul Dinello, deleted scenes, interviews, The Museum of Televison & Radio Interview, A Message from Bob Whitely, the original unaired pilot, a dance sequence compilation, and a blooper reel. Completing the package will be some storyboard animation, a film strip presentation, a Trip Back PSA feature, and an easteregg. The official package artwork is attached below: 

squints

my video store just bought that and i finally got a chance to see season two.

holy shit!  i can't wait for the movie. It shall never play in the buckle of the bible belt (aka Oklahoma) but i'll be singing "i'm gonna get my seat at the welcome table" until it does.  :yabbse-sad:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche