Really.... What happened to this place?

Started by Duck Sauce, August 04, 2003, 11:03:13 PM

Duck Sauce

It seems like Sphinx left along with the life of this board. What happened?

Sleuth

I think it's more like Alguien's absence
I like to hug dogs

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: themodernage02its me isnt it?  you can be honest.

you just popped out of nowhere, like aids

Gold Trumpet

I've just been having a hard time finding stuff to reply to lately.

~rougerum

Sleuth

It's so hard to ruin threads when they suck to begin with, too
I like to hug dogs

Sleuth

Sphinx leaving wouldn't have changed much of anything if the lot of you didn't let it
I like to hug dogs

Cecil

we just got used to the place. soon there will be a new wave of interesting topics

phil marlowe

yeah, i have to agree with cecil. this place really has its ups and downs and its sertanly not an up period right now but at least it's better than that 'i-hate-my-friends-and-normal-people-are-so-fuckin-stupid' era.

but anyway, the artist formerly known as butterscotch jones will be back sometime and every thing will be better.

Pubrick

JB doesn't speak for everyone so don't refer to everyone when ur crying Trem.

anyway, it's not sphinx, he wasn't that active anyway.. yes it's probably more AlguienEstolami, and not only the lack of good posters but the increase of mediocre members. i mean, i warned u fuckos that the list and poll thing would only kill this place. and looky what's happened.

there's just not enuff wit and/or originality. and there was at one point,. i would say whatever the essence of this board was, it's almost dead now.

i commend duck sauce and cecil and other ppl who would in previous years be to blame for such a deadening, but they're really good peops now for the most part, and even mesh and markums2k are good when they stop hating everything. good taste and personality is what's lacking. and if it's here it has been allowed to suffocate under lame meaningless boring shit. i can say i've done my best to keep that from happening.

anyway, this isn't the first or worst slump, it'll pick up when ppl (eg. me, mbk) are less busy.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

filmcritic

What happened to the Ghost of Sphinx? I pm-ed him the other day and no response yet.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Sigur Rós

Quote from: filmcriticWhat happened to the Ghost of Sphinx? I pm-ed him the other day and no response yet.

You won't get any replies from him he is gone.

phil marlowe

Quote from: filmcriticWhat happened to the Ghost of Sphinx? I pm-ed him the other day and no response yet.
SERIOUSLY, how old are you?