Gilmore Girls

Started by matt35mm, October 06, 2004, 08:18:29 AM

matt35mm

Funny show.  Has some good moments.  Has gorgeous girls on it.  Worth having a thread about, etc.  Plus I'm a sucker for jokes like (I'm paraphasing):

"Ooh, this restaurant feels like a place where the mafia hangs out.  Why'd you bring me here?  Do you plan on whacking someone?"

"Uh, no; I've filled my whacking quota for the day." (realizing what he just said) "Dirty?"

"Extremely."

But anyway, I started this thread to address two references that this show has made to Paul Thomas Anderson.

A while ago, there was a mention of them thinking about renting Boogie Nights, but one of the girls rejected that because she ran from the theater showing Magnolia yelling, "I want my three hours back." or something of that nature.

And then last night there was a point when one of the girls started reading a simple story that went on and on, and midway through she stops and says, "Who wrote this?  Paul Thomas Anderson?  Learn to edit, people!"

But mostly I just wanted a thread where I could randomly drop by and say that Lauren Graham is hot.  And so is Alexis Bledel, for that matter.

Ravi

I've only seen one or two episodes, but every time a character spoke it seemed so unnatural, so written.

matt35mm

Yeah, that's one of the major flaws of the show.  The minor characters are too quirky and the major characters all speak exactly the same way (quick wit/reparte/banter).  Much of it is funny, I think, but it's all very fake, I agree.

Thrindle

Stupid show.  Stupid dialogue.  Stupid Gilmore Girls.
Classic.

hedwig

I like David Gilmour.

NEON MERCURY

...i never saw the show.  i remember when i go to best buy and look at sh*t  like cds and dvds and videogames.  thats what i go for and i like to play videogames and i love to suck my brothers cock.   i am just kidding about the last thing. but as for gilmore girls when i go to best buy  i look at the dvds that are in an isle.  over at the best buy i go to they arrange them by 1. genre and 2. alphabetically[for the most part].  and its neat, at the best buy i go to they even have the tv shows on dvd grouped by genre and even still alphabetically[and yes, for the most part] but anyway i picked up the season 1 box i think it was b/c  the older woman on the cover looks hot and so i had this impulse that when i see a hot lady i want to examine her... its wierd. but anyway, the show looks kind of stupid and i read the back of the box that describes the show and i still thought it was stupid :? ... i wish the show would be cancelled b/c the show seems so stupid and cheesy that i bet even the WB network would pass on it.

i apologize for the harcore gilmore girls out but if i am to ever watch a show with the title "girls" in it i will watch the golden girls and pretend that  the slutty one on the show would straddle me while were are on a hospital bed with lenny kravitz pushing us along to the east wing.

sorry. :|

mattress man

nothing wrong with some Gilmore Gals action.  What's your people's ideas of good shows on TV?  I agree that the townspeople are too quirky, but it's a throwback show with clever, entertaining snappy dialogue.  I like the smalltown location and Rory is a dream indie girl.  Classic scene - Rory and Jess shopping at some record store (in NYC?) that was owned by Carole King and they come across Slint and some random guy in the store gives them the band's biography on the spot.  Badass.

Quote from: mattress manWhat's your people's ideas of good shows on TV?  

sorry P, had to do this.
context, context, context.

Pedro

Quote from: mattress manWhat's your people's ideas of good shows on TV?

Thrindle

Classic.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: matt35mmYeah, that's one of the major flaws of the show.  The minor characters are too quirky and the major characters all speak exactly the same way (quick wit/reparte/banter).  Much of it is funny, I think, but it's all very fake, I agree.

I personally love the show myself, but hell, I never cared the show was written too well because I really can't buy into any show being realistic, especially on broadcast television when to this day they still film on the dopiest fucking sets in the world. At least this show realizes its in Capra-land and uses the facade of it all as a running joke. But also, I fall prey to almost anything I find charming.

Quote from: ThrindleStupid show. Stupid dialogue. Stupid Gilmore Girls.

I know you?

cine

um, i don't know if you were told but she kinda stopped posting..

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: cinephiléum, i don't know if you were told but she kinda stopped posting..

You know, she told me a story once: She said caught herself watching Gilmore Girls one night and had to turn the channel because she was, as she put it, "enjoying" herself too much. So you really think she's stopped posting, huh? Watch the revelation of that comment bring her back filled with fire and venom.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Stefenbahahahahahahahaha

Who said you could speak?