best movies to watch when you're stoned...or something else

Started by Alexandro, December 05, 2003, 12:55:05 PM

Alexandro

I saw the movies to watch when you're drunk thread...and being the completely unorignal and square person that I am...well...well...

ok, so...

I love to smoke pot and watch pretty much every movie, it kinda makes for an interesting experience, but there are some that seem to be made for that...

for example

Finding Nemo (those colors!!!)
The Big Lebowski
Boogie Nights (the visuals and the music are a trip)
Fantasia and Fantasia 2000
Kill Bill
tons of them, including the wonderful lord of the rings movies...

but there are others...

I once saw apocalypse now redux on lsd, on the theatre, and it was both an electric and painful experience...would do it again
I saw waking life on ecstasy and really didn't worked for me that time...i wanted to leave and stop trying to follow the dialogues...
but moulin rouge on ecstassy was great...the colors seem like they would explode out of the screen...

any choices???

Thecowgoooesmooo

Let's see.

1) The Wall
2) Baraka

Those two, are probly the films that I've had a REAL trip over while under the influence.

chris

godardian

Wasn't this the "Now Baked" item...? Or did that go away when Idle Chatter was restructured?

Movies get me high. Cheesy but true. No mediating substance/chemicals needed.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

aclockworkjj

i know it's not really a movie...but the best thing to watch on acid...

or...
Yellow Submarine.

Coke...Pi, hands down.  

X...amelie.  umm, might be a biased choice though.  But the best experience i ever had with the drug, involved this movie, a cute girl at my side, and some gak..hehehe  

weed, pretty much any movie i have ever seen.
Quote from: godardianWasn't this the "Now Baked" item...? Or did that go away when Idle Chatter was restructured?
yes..it was nixed....

molly

Quote from: godardianWasn't this the "Now Baked" item...? Or did that go away when Idle Chatter was restructured?

Movies get me high. Cheesy but true. No mediating substance/chemicals needed.

true. good ones

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: godardianMovies get me high. Cheesy but true. No mediating substance/chemicals needed.

Agreed. I think budgie once said people watch movies on drugs because they're afraid of the real thing.

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Alexandro

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: godardianMovies get me high. Cheesy but true. No mediating substance/chemicals needed.

Agreed. I think budgie once said people watch movies on drugs because they're afraid of the real thing.

I like watching movies both ways...none is better than the other...they're just different. nothing wrong with that...

phil marlowe

i don't do hard drugs but weed is good as a combo with any mindless bruckheimer production like conair or airforce one. conair had me in cramps one time.

kotte

Quote from: aclockworkjji know it's not really a movie...but the best thing to watch on acid...

or...
Yellow Submarine.

Coke...Pi, hands down.  

X...amelie.  umm, might be a biased choice though.  But the best experience i ever had with the drug, involved this movie, a cute girl at my side, and some gak..hehehe  

weed, pretty much any movie i have ever seen.
yes..it was nixed....

Damn! You've tried them all, haven't you?  :)

cine

So here's MY question. If the best thing to watch on acid is Space Ghost or Yellow Submarine, what are the requirements used to label these as the best?
Furthermore, how many movies does one have to see on a particular drug before you can safely say: "THIS is the best thing to watch on (insert drug here)"?

Pedro

Movies when stoned are terrible.  I hate them.  I feel distanced from the film and can't get involved, which is something I love about movies so much.  Instead of caring about characters and feeling in the film with them, i feel like im watching a flat painting move.

kotte

Quote from: Pedro the WombatMovies when stoned are terrible.  I hate them.  I feel distanced from the film and can't get involved, which is something I love about movies so much.  Instead of caring about characters and feeling in the film with them, i feel like im watching a flat painting move.

Agree.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.