JAWS 5

Started by RegularKarate, January 29, 2003, 10:02:45 AM

RegularKarate

I heard today (and I'm sure Mac can probably shed some light on this) that Universal is in the very very early stages of making another Jaws sequel.  They think it will probably be called either Jaws: Resurfaced or Jaws: The Return.

Somebody there is obviously retarded.

MacGuffin

According to BloodyDisgusting.com, JAWS 5 has gone into pre-production at California's Universal Studios, with testing taking place in giant tanks with a new improved mechanical shark.

According to their sources it will be directed by Jeannot Szwarc (JAWS 2) and written by the DEEP BLUE SEA team.

Several scoopers have witnessed first-hand the testing they're doing in the tanks to see how giant sharks come off 2003 style.

Scary news for loathers of JAWS IV : THE REVENGE, But I'm sure if they keep Michael Caine out of it, bring in a scarier looking Shark and rehire John Williams it might come off. After all, JAWS 2 wasn't the bad was it, and Szwarc is behind this one too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Would they even use a mechanical shark? Seems like they would just do it completley CGI, which I think would make it so less scary. Part of what scared me from the first one was being afraid of that machine and not just the shark.

Redlum

People are so harsh on Jaws 2. Its got some really good moments.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

bonanzataz

Over the summer I did the High School NYFA in the Universal Studio backlot and all the backlot tour buses would come by and take our pictures as we were filming. A guy on my crew wanted to shoot his movie by the Jaws set and every minute another bus came by and would tell the story about Bruce. By the end of the shoot we were yelling the little fact to the tour buses before the tour guides could.

So, this one time... at film camp!

I MUST get a life.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

oakmanc234

I cant really see JAWS 5 happening at all. If they are to do another, I hope they use mostly an animatronic shark (so the people are actually swimming away from something) and a CGI shark only for the long shots. CG looks cool but its unrealistic as f***. The CG sharks in 'Deep Blue' were so unconvincing because they moved a the speed of f***in bullets, like they had no weight to them. The robot ones in 'Deep Blue' were quite convincing though (the scene where the scientist gets a little too close to the 'dormant' shark scared the crap out of me).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

NEON MERCURY

..forget the Jaws films they were to realistic....I'm waiting for the fourth installment of the underated Shark Attack series....

casper van dien is ..... 8)

kotte

Quote from: MacGuffinand written by the DEEP BLUE SEA team.

I don't like when movies are written in teams.

NEON MERCURY

NEON MERCURY's Tip for today:

********Occupation=death metal group

********Problem=needed song titles

********Answer='use each of the taglines from the shark attack trilogy(i.e. There's blood in the water', In the deep blue sea-there lives a dark secret, The terror has surfaced, ) all of these would suffice'

Kal

man I think I never even saw Jaws 4... when did that happen?

Jaws was great... I liked Jaws 2 also... Jaws 3 was already bullshit... I think we're scared enough of real sharks already here in South Florida so we dont need this shit anymore... lets think on some new ideas

cine

There are so many reasons why there should not be a Jaws 5, and we all know at least 4 of those reasons.
The writing team of Deep Blue Sea writing the 5th Jaws movie just sounds ridiculous to me. The team should stand up and say "Okay, yeah, this shark thing is a little old now. Let's think of something else to scare the shit out of people that's ORIGINAL." Oh well. Won't happen.

Alethia

does spielberg get any money from the jaws sequels?  no, i dont think he would, would he?

Just Withnail

Quote from: NEON MERCURYNEON MERCURY's Tip for today:

********Occupation=death metal group

********Problem=needed song titles

********Answer='use each of the taglines from the shark attack trilogy(i.e. There's blood in the water', In the deep blue sea-there lives a dark secret, The terror has surfaced, ) all of these would suffice'

Great stuff  :lol: