What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: BankyEdwardstremolosloth is right

I dont think that any of the first 5 Neo's were in love.  In fact the Architect says that none of them had love to influence thier descion.  They were all just dedicated to the species therefore they all chose the door to lead to the rebuilding of Zion.  Maybe Trinity is really THE ONE because she is the new factor that has given Neo the strength to do extraordinary things i.e. grab the rope attatched to the helicopter, fly fast as hell, reach inside somone and save their lives.  She also saved his life at the end of the first one.  It really makes you think.  Maybe she is really the key factor.

Right... this is why I thought maybe they were going to  switch it on us and try to say that Trinity was the person that the Architect was talking about.

But I guess Trem could be right that that's why he said "Please"... I just read it wrong (or maybe I didn't)

Banky

Sleuth

Man, I never even thought of it that way
I like to hug dogs

Banky

sphinx

that would also mean that she fell in love with herself in the first movie

also note that when neo enters the matrix to see the oracle at the courtyard bench, he enters in chinatown, and it shows inserts of tables, on the tables are pictures and statues of jesus, and in the wide shot of neo walk away from it, there are framed pictures of jesus and other such jesus imagery

Banky

well i think we will all agree that Biblical refernce is all through both movies.

sphinx

Quote from: BankyEdwardswell i think we will all agree that Biblical refernce is all through both movies.

i was just surprised that there was a more direct one in this movie

Banky

true

I would also like to throw in my two cents that i thought the first like 30 min of the movie were good.  It developed character and gave some really good sequences.  Stop complaing that it dragged on.  The movie had enough action to make 3 action movies with.  Without substance whats the point of action?

bonanzataz

Talk about Jesus imagery! I mean, in the first one they're talking about how when Neo's mother gave birth to him on Tatooine, there was no father! that's just plagiarism, right there.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

picolas

Quote from: bonanzatazTalk about Jesus imagery! I mean, in the first one they're talking about how when Neo's mother gave birth to him on Tatooine, there was no father! that's just plagiarism, right there.

:lol!:

another interesting possible bible connection: wouldn't the first perfect Matrix be kind of like the Garden of Eden? and the idea that the world wasn't real is kind of a parallel to consuming fruit from the tree of knowledge and becoming aware...maybe it's a bit of a stretch...

sphinx

i don't really agree, considering it was man's fault that he was exiled from the garden, in the matrix's situation it was a natural response to something that seemed too perfect.  automated reactions and human nature are different things...

markums2k

While we're on the subject of the Oracle in the park scene... didn't anyone else notice the similarity between the candy she was eating and the infamous Red Pill?  Hmmmmm...  :roll:

Newtron

Quote from: markums2ksimilarity between the candy she was eating and the infamous Red Pill?  Hmmmmm...  :roll:
Yeah, I thought that's why the architect was all "Puh-lease, that pill popping junky?".

©brad

Quote from: Newtron
Yeah, I thought that's why the architect was all "Puh-lease, that pill popping junky?".

haha. no joke.

I'm still trying to figure out what the french dude is all about. not sure i understand who or what he is. guess he'll be back in revolutions and it will all make sense. (?)

MacGuffin

Quote from: cbrad4dI'm still trying to figure out what the french dude is all about. not sure i understand who or what he is. guess he'll be back in revolutions and it will all make sense. (?)

This may help:

In the restaurant the Merovingian explains causality. He says Neo and his friends do not really understand why they are there, but are simply pawns of cause and effect. They say they know the reason: to search for the key maker; he tells them they are only following orders from the Oracle, orders they do not understand .

As an example of cause and effect, he sends a slice of chocolate cake over to a woman in the restaurant. The cake is actually a program, which he claims to have coded himself, and it has an effect on the woman's feelings and behavior after she eats it. In the green and black Matrix view, the camera drops down to show us her digital "legs", then reveals the effect of the cake as a bright "fireworks" type of graphic in the region of her crotch. She gets up and leaves the room. The sexual metaphor here suggests that we do not freely choose our sexual urges (or food cravings), but instead they follow from brain chemistry, and thus humans are not as free as they may believe.

We see this same theme of freedom versus fate in many places throughout the movie, such as when the Oracle tell Neo that he already made his choice but must learn to understand it
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks