antony + the johnsons

Started by Pubrick, July 14, 2005, 12:40:52 PM

i think his main problem is diction, sometimes he sings and i understand what he's saying and it rules the school but when he's just showing off his voice i don't like it.
context, context, context.

Ghostboy

Quote from: cronopioi think his main problem is diction, sometimes he sings and i understand what he's saying and it rules the school but when he's just showing off his voice i don't like it.

Like Christina Aguilera, right?

There's a good article about Antony in yesterday's NY Times Magazine.

Quote from: GhostboyLike Christina Aguilera, right?

i guess so... ¿:yabbse-undecided:? i don't like her voice, though.

Ghostboy

Quote from: cronopio
Quote from: GhostboyLike Christina Aguilera, right?

i guess so... ¿:yabbse-undecided:? i don't like her voice, though.

I was just being sarcastic. I always forget to add smiley faces to such comments.

ohhh, my bad ghostboy.:yabbse-tongue:

neways, has the album bored you yet? and have you heard the cover of mysteries of love by him?

Ghostboy

Nope, not bored yet. I haven't heard that cover, though, or any of his B-sides, or The Lake either.

Slick Shoes

im pretty sure antony (and the johnsons) will be on david letterman tonight.

cowboykurtis

just saw it - unbelievable performance.

ghostface is right about his the resonance of the music -

ill go out on a limb and say the first time I heard him, was the closest instance that could (in my imagination) compare to the feeling of those who first heard dylan or bowie (if that makes sense?)
...your excuses are your own...

Pubrick

Quote from: cowboykurtisill go out on a limb and say the first time I heard him, was the closest instance that could (in my imagination) compare to the feeling of those who first heard dylan or bowie (if that makes sense?)
i felt that way too. then i overplayed him.. :yabbse-sad:

now i can only listen to this stuff once a month.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

anybody heard the new album yet?

i will forget about it for a while and then return to it when i can listen to it LOUD and without interruption. that's how i feel about it now.

edit: i have realized that i like forgetting this album after every single time i listen to it because it makes it feel new when i listen to it again.

Ghostboy

Kiss My Name and Another World are great, the rest I don't remember.