The Brothers Bloom

Started by MacGuffin, April 21, 2007, 12:33:45 AM

MacGuffin

THE BROTHERS BLOOM GET A GIANT AND A BLACK HOLE EXPLORER!
Source: CHUD

If you're a movie fan worth your salt, you're excited about The Brothers Bloom, Rian Johnson's follow-up to his fantastic debut film, Brick. The Brothers Bloom is a con man movie about two brothers, one of whom wants out of the life, and Johnson has assembled an amazing cast so far: Adrien Brody and Mark Ruffalo play the titular brothers, and they're joined by the likes of Rinko Kikuchi and Rachel Weisz. Now two more great names have joined the cast list, and Rian dropped CHUD an email to let us in on his latest catches.

Says Rian: "We've rounded out our roster with Robbie Coltrane, who will be playing a mysterious figure called The Curator, and Dr. Reinhardt himself, Maximilian Schell, who will be playing a hoary old bastard called (I shit you not) the Diamond Dog." Schell playing a character with a name influenced by a David Bowie song? Sold. As if I wasn't already.

Rian also reports that shooting has been going incredibly well ; they're in week four and have been in Belgrade, Montenegro and Prague so far, and he's enthusiastic about what they've got. That enthusiasm is pretty infectious, and I'm excited to see what he's come up with this time. We'll have more Brothers Bloom news for you in the future!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mark ruffalo looks like a member of my family in that fourth picture.
context, context, context.

polkablues

Quote from: cronopio on May 23, 2007, 10:20:20 PM

Brett Ratner's a member of your family?
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

AICN visits the set of Brothers Bloom...

Part Three: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32796

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

And here I was hoping for more films from Wes Anderson...It has to be my lucky day.

The Perineum Falcon

but this is totally fluff; you should totally dig it.:yabbse-grin:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Redlum

Looks good but has highlighted to me the injustice that Ruffalo has no Oscar nomination.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Quote from: cron on May 23, 2007, 10:20:20 PM

motherfucker. a couple of months later he now looks as puffy as me.
context, context, context.

Stefen

You two should do an Oscar winning movie together.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

theyarelegion

w/o horse

That trailer must have been meant to lower my expectations.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

RegularKarate

Cohendersonsmith

Make up your mind, trailer.

Honestly, I loved Brick, but it didn't ever get me excited for whatever comes next from this guy, it just made me like that one movie.