ALI G

Started by Satcho9, April 01, 2003, 05:41:18 PM

pete

well, yanks with kazaa and edonkey caught all of that.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

bonanzataz

i've got the aiiii dvd. my buddy has the movie, but i haven't watched that yet. any good?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Bruce Lee

The movie, especially the title sequence is pretty funny but nowhere near the quality of his interviews and shows.

El Duderino

i like when he interviews Pat Buchanan..that's the only one i've seen. hilarious
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Bruce Lee

I prefer the interviews with normal people like when he is talking to farmer and is digusted to find out that eggs come from a chicken's batty....oh and the protest and fox hunting are all class.

MacGuffin

Wa Wa We Wah
No Third Season of Ali G!?

Booyakasha! Today is a sad day for lovers of the unique brand of humor made famous by Sacha Baron Cohen, who portrays characters like Bruno, Borat and, of course, British hip-hop legend Ali G.    

After first gaining acclaim for his characters on British television, Cohen brought his show stateside for two masterful seasons of Da Ali G Show on HBO.

Up until now, there has been very little news as to when and if a third season of Ali G might be happening. Currently Cohen is hard at work on a Borat movie.

IGN FilmForce caught up with one of the Ali G writers and former star of the acclaimed Freaks and Geeks, Seth Rogan, at the recent press day for 40 Year Old Virgin. As the interview wound to a close, I asked Rogan what he had planned for the third season of Ali G. His answer was an unfortunate surprise: "There is no third season. It's over. The show is over."

And with that, Ali G fans everywhere are encouraged to "Keep it real" and hope for the best with the Borat movie. "Respeck!"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Shit.

Well, when does the second season come out on DVD?
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

killafilm

Wait a minute, that's not Niiiiice.

modage

what is it about comedy geniuses and third seasons!?  i'm having a chapelle flashback (to a week ago)...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Seth Rogen was a writer for da ali g show? That's nuts.

My favorite ali g moment is when hes in philly at the police academy and he finds that money in that guys pocket and is like "Ah, what we got here? Did you steal this?!" and then he puts it in his own pocket, and the other police officer is like "No No! You can't take that, that's evidence" haha.

I've only seen the first season, but I've heard the second season is better.

Have you guys seen that woman he is marrying? Isla Fisher? Wow, she is absolutely gorgeous. He done good for being a weirdo.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GingerWell, when does the second season come out on DVD?

Sept. 13

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

well, this I can understand.  everyone more or less knows who he is these days, which was what killed his show in Britain.  he had to turn it into a tongue in cheek talkshow in which all the guests were in on the joke.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton