The Video Rental Thread

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 06, 2003, 10:56:11 AM

Pubrick

there's no point. not to mention M's post not making any sense.

i pointed out the inacuraccy in ur statement, which was fair enuff. then it became about name-calling. just accept that now u know more about baadassss than u did before, and leave it at that.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jtm

fair enough, although i still wouldn't consider Sweetback a "really popular film" but that's just my opinion.

Pubrick

Quote from: Jay Tee Emfair enough, although i still wouldn't consider Sweetback a "really popular film" but that's just my opinion.
then we havn't learned anything at all.
under the paving stones.

jtm

maybe i need a better teacher.

Stefen

The posts in this thread are all messed up and out of order. I thought we had something pretty comical going on but now it doesn't even make sense cause all the posts have been rearranged as someone sees fit.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jtm

Stefen

jtm

alright this is my last post on the subject... i just want to make sure i'm understood... i acknowledge the fact that Sweetback is more well known then i thought, but i still don't agree with Pubrick that it's a "really popular film" maybe we just have different ideas on what "really popular" means.  in fact, i know we do based on a previous convo about something similar...  i'm basing my opinion on the fact i would tell people about Baadassss and how it was about MVP making Sweetback, and most people had no idea about it and hadn't heard of it.  hell, hardley anyone on the set were even familiar with it. (except the black guys, and even they admitted it's more well know in "the ghetto" and not so much elsewhere, film geeks excluded)

that's it case closed (i hope)

hedwig

rented these tonight:

(ignore the "20 Percent Off!" things, sorry about that)
so far i've watched "We Don't Live Here Anymore" and liked it

Ravi

Dawn of the Dead remake
Overnight

Ravi

Today I rented Fanny and Alexander and Freaks and Geeks.  Between F&A and Scenes from a Marriage, I'm going on a Bergman TV bender this month.

hedwig

rented the last tempassion of the christ superstar

Brazoliange

rented Critters 2, Westworld, Star Wars SE
Long live the New Flesh