Autology

Started by MacGuffin, August 19, 2009, 08:25:43 PM

MacGuffin

ATTENTION SO CAL XIXAXERS!!!! (or those who will be in the area next month):

Come to a screening of Autology, my experimental short showing at The Bungalow Club, Monday September 21st starting at 8:15 pm. My friend will also be showing his horror short, The Stray, beforehand.

Invite here:
http://www.zhibit.org/tom4ed/zoom/the-stray/the-stray-and-autology-at-the-bungalow-club

You don't have to RSVP to the name listed, just shoot me a PM if you are planning to attend.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Bad ass. Wish I could attend but I don't live in the big city.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

©brad

Wow, rad poster. Congrats Mac, this is awesome! Wish I could attend.

Will there be other screenings? Eventual web posting?...

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©brad on August 20, 2009, 10:03:23 AMWill there be other screenings?

I certainly hope so. Right now going the festival route with it (Cannes being one). Crossing fingers it gets selected somewhere.

Quote from: ©brad on August 20, 2009, 10:03:23 AMEventual web posting?...

Kinda tricky that. Because of the nudity, and that my lead actress works with kids, trying not to display it where one of them might somehow stubble across it doing a Google search (hence her alternate name).

So I would rather mail a DVD to you or whoever here wants to see it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

a.santi

MacGuffin

Couple clips from the film (forgive the poor quality, please):

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

That looks really interesting.  Reminds me of the Cremaster movies, probably because of the music, but it also seems very much its own thing.  I'd love to see the whole thing sometime.  Thanks for sharing!

MacGuffin

Quote from: matt35mm on September 01, 2009, 11:05:30 AM
That looks really interesting.  Reminds me of the Cremaster movies, probably because of the music, but it also seems very much its own thing.  I'd love to see the whole thing sometime.  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for watching and the comment. If you're still caravaning by LA, I'll give you a copy when we meet.

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I would love to see this, but alas, I am confined to Chicago.

How may I go about obtaining a DVD of this? 
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

I would love to see this.  Congrats on getting something done.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Holy shit.  I'm not quite sure how to phrase this yet, so expect an edit to this in a little bit.

It was really beautiful, you definitely have an eye for detail.  I need to rewatch this a couple more times to give a better, more accurate assessment.  But thank you a lot for sharing this with me.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

©brad

Wow! Man this was quite compelling.  Very meditative and poetic, with some incredibly striking images. I definitely felt a Lynch vibe with a little Gus Vant Sant ala  Elephant/Gerry mixed in. I loved the score, and kudos to your lead leading lady for a very brave and intriguing performance.

Congrats Mac! I can't wait to see your next piece.

Watch it ppl. 

Fernando

so the dvd arrived. neat package!

im with cbrad on this one, and to add something else I liked the editing too when depicting the routine and boredome of everyday life.

nice music too, even thought it would be some famous obscure piece but no, so congrats to the musician.

many many thanks mac for sending this and i look forward to see whatever you do next.

MacGuffin

Thanks for the accolades, my friends.

Anyone else interested in viewing but doesn't want a DVD copy mailed to them, I now have it available online for download. PM me for the link.

Skeleton FilmWorks