EMINEM

Started by Banky, November 19, 2003, 09:59:44 PM

NEON MERCURY

...::the dumbest post ever::..by NEON MERCURY..circa. 2003/Nov

"eminem, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........that kind of eminem.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ..i thought you were talking about the candy(you know..the ones that have chocolaote, peanut butter and nuts, and almonds in them in  acolor candy shell).....i thought you werre spelling m&M..(phonetically).......i had no idea you were referring to the  musician...

"when i was 17 it was a very good year"
"forever young"
.......................:yabbse-no life:

classical gas

Quote from: GhostboyAnd his misogynistic stuff is (almost) on the same level as Jimi Hendrix talking about going down to shoot his old lady...

I'm pretty sure Jimi Hendrix's "Hey Joe" is a cover.  I'm not real sure though.  But it doesn't matter, he did sing it.

Didn't Johnny Cash sing about shooting a man just to see him die?

Ghostboy

Quote from: classical gas

Didn't Johnny Cash sing about shooting a man just to see him die?

Not to mention Delia's Gone.

freakerdude

Quote from: GhostboyI'm pretty sure Jimi Hendrix's "Hey Joe" is a cover.
Yes, it is a cover but check out who wrote it
MC Pee Pants

aclockworkjj

And Yanni!!!  That dude is the worst of them all!

Ever heard his album Ethnicity?  racist!!!  

...please, one of the tracks is even called At First Sight.  Bigot prick!

and ...Tribal Dream, Play Time, Rite of Passage...can only lead me to believe he is a barbaric misogynist.

SHAFTR

I hate Eminem.

I think people forgot how much of a joke he was when he first came out and how much of a joke he is now.  I cringe when people use his name and genius in the same sentence.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

phil marlowe

eminem is a dirty nigger so he can be racist as much as he likes.

aclockworkjj

Hey kids...?

Do you like violence?  wanna see me...

stick 9 inch nails through my eyelids?

a retarded fool since i start the school,
burned the weed b4 i learned the read.
disregarded rules...

skip the classes,
to burn the blunt ashes.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Phere's one, of the top of my ass:
"that's my girlfriend screamin in the trunk, see i ain't like u,
cos if she suffocates she'll suffer more and then she'll die too"

Wasn't that lyric in the context of a fan saying it to Em and Em actually trying to be reasonable with him?

I'm mixed about Eminem. On the one hand, he is talented, but he's aiming for controversy mostly. And his problems seem to be the problems of popular music in general. No other art form accepts controversy for the sake of controversy the way music does. Hip Hop has ridden it and is shooting itself in the foot right now of legimitacy. Many "classic" songs are pretty cheap in aim, but fuck, they were cool then. Eminem has said he is trying to move on from the controversy and it'll be interesting to see how he does it. "Lose Yourself" may be the beginning, but that was a pretty typical song so hopefully he can do better on his next album.

ono

Get ready to cringe, SHAFTR.  Hehe.  I was studying for an exam tonight, and going through my MP3s, listening to different stuff while I was studying, and Eminem came up on my list.  Last summer, he made a great, great comeback, and one of the amazing songs from that time was Sing for the Moment.  In that song, and the brunt of his other work, he's so incredibly articulate.  There's also Lose Yourself, Cleaning Out My Closet, and Without Me, which was his little come back song.  Sure, he's a cocky ass (probably a front, because he seems like a humble guy in most interviews), but he's also a lyrical genius.  Yeah, I said the g-word.  He's controversial, and some of his stuff does smack of misogynism and racism (especially some of his less popular stuff my brother showed me a while back), and I don't like that, but he is an artist.  I was thinking about it, and I liken him to the Todd Solondz of music.  Except most people who watch films don't know who Todd Solondz is.  Heh.

myadopteddaughter

one word, sound, reaction: barf (to eminem as a person and an artist)
mmm, mmmm good

SHAFTR

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaGet ready to cringe, SHAFTR.  Hehe.  

but he's also a lyrical genius.  Yeah, I said the g-word.  

I was thinking about it, and I liken him to the Todd Solondz of music.  Except most people who watch films don't know who Todd Solondz is.  Heh.

ughhhh

about Solondz (i've only seen Happiness) but there seems to be a heart in his films that Eminem lacks.  Eminem seems to be about making the joke more so than anything else.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Gephardt likes Eminem. Howard Dean doesn't.

Dick Gephardt and Howard Dean disagree on a lot of things, and here's another: rapper Eminem.

The Missouri congressman, close to Dean in Iowa polls, has played Eminem's song "Lose Yourself" on the campaign trail and said he liked the rapper's semi-autobiographical movie "8 Mile."

"I didn't know much about him," Gephardt said Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "I saw the movie and I like the movie, you know, the story of them growing up poor and so on."

Dean, the former Vermont governor, however, is less of a fan. "My kids like him, but I don't," Dean said in a recent Rolling Stone interview.

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/archives/000315.html

freakerdude

An Em fan and using his music on his campaign? I can see him pulling into a religious function with Kim or Kill You playing  :lol:

Em is controversy and also very articulate, as Omno said. I consider his lyrics very crafty and is one of the top rap lyrical geniuses along with Dr. Dre, Snoop, and Tupac. Like I said before, take his music for what it's worth.

8 Mile, the movie, rather sucked big time IMO.
MC Pee Pants

MacGuffin

Eminem to make final solo appearance

DETROIT -- Rap superstar Eminem plans to make his last solo performance in Ireland in September, the Detroit Free Press, his hometown newspaper, said Friday. Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer. The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever, would be at a concert in Dublin, Ireland, on Sept. 17, the Free Press said. The newspaper quoted his manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying no official decision had been made about the future of the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist who has recorded three top-10 albums. But Rosenberg said Mathers' current multi-platinum album was "certainly the cap on this part of his career." Mathers' spokesman at Interscope Records in Los Angeles could not immediately be reached for comment.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks