Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Pubrick

it's really not that great, the current package has the same extras apart from the shitty booklets, new cover, and Raging Bulls Easy Rider documentary. big deal, the dvd was great as it was.

at least this bogus new set will lower the price of the old (better) version.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378266

Super news! I was reading an article about Natalie Portman in Time Out London and she said she recorded a commentary for the 10th anniversary release of Leon The Professional. Whoohoo! Hopefully this release will feature some other extras. The Internation Uncut version, that many of us own, is lacking in that department. Supposedly the American release will hit shelves later this year. Although I haven't heard anything about it. I checked amazon.com to see if it was advertised there, but alas it was not. Soon enough some details of one of my favorite films will be unveiled. I for one can't wait!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrickit's really not that great, the current package has the same extras apart from the shitty booklets, new cover, and Raging Bulls Easy Rider documentary. big deal, the dvd was great as it was.

But will the old one be THIS official?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob
Quote from: Pubrickit's really not that great, the current package has the same extras apart from the shitty booklets, new cover, and Raging Bulls Easy Rider documentary. big deal, the dvd was great as it was.

But will the old one be THIS official?
Nope, it won't be THIS official.....But I'm still not getting it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

FeloniousFunk

Davisdvd.com - New details on the Seinfeld DVD:

Be the master of your domain when Seinfeld finally arrives onto DVD on November 23rd. Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment's highly anticipated (that's an understatement) release of the sitcom goldmine actually will be two separate disc issues. Seinfeld vol. 1 will feature eighteen episodes from the freshman and sophomore years and Seinfeld vol. 2 will include twenty-two episodes from the third season. The sets will feature newly remastered transfers and boast a total of 24 hours of combined extras, including commentaries and interviews with the show creators, cast and crew members. Other extras will include episodic "Inside Looks" making-of interviews with the cast and the creators, "Yada Yada Yada" audio commentary tracks, "In the Vault" deleted scenes, "Not That There's Anything Wrong With That" bloopers and outtakes, "Master of His Domain" never-before-seen footage of Seinfeld's stand-up comedy, "Sponsored by Vandelay Industries" original NBC ads and trailers and "Notes About Nothing" behind-the-scenes production notes. Retail is $49.95 per volume. Also available will be a Seinfeld Gift Set with both volumes, a limited edition script with handwritten notes from creator Larry David, Monk's Diner salt-and-pepper shakers and collectible playing cards. Retail on this is $119.95.

Redlum

The Easy Rider set also adds a Hopper director's commentary to the original discs features.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ravi

The Hopper commentary was there on the original disc.

mogwai

Quote from: thedigitalbits.comBy the way, we know that Warner Bros is quietly working on a 2-disc 2001: A Space Odyssey - Special Edition for release at some point in the future. Consider that Rumor Mill-worthy, but it's more good news for Kubrick fans.

Just Withnail

You forgot:

Quote from: thedigitabiltsHere's something you Kubrick fans are going to enjoy... Columbia TriStar is currently preparing a 2-disc Dr. Strangelove: 40th Anniversary Special Edition for release on 11/2. We have no details yet on extras, but expect the title to be announced soon. Maybe we'll finally get to see that "cream pie fight in the War Room" deleted scene.

MacGuffin

Paramount Home Entertainment has officially announced the new collector's edition of Top Gun which stars Tom Cruise as Maverick, a talented training pilot in an elite U.S. school for fighter pilots. This brand new two-disc set will be available to own from the 16th November this year, and should retail at around $19.99. The film itself will be presented in 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen along with English 6.1 DTS Surround, Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and Dolby 2.0 Surround tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary by producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Tony Scott, screenwriter Jack Epps, Captain Mike Galpin, retired Admiral Pete Pettigrew and Vice Admiral Mike McCabe, six documentaries on the making of the film and its cultural impact, from pre-production through its theatrical release and four music videos that defined their era: Kenny Loggins’ “Danger Zone,” Berlin’s “Take My Breath Away,” Loverboy’s “Heaven in Your Eyes” and Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens’ “Top Gun Anthem”. Completing the package will be a vintage Tom Cruise interview, a behind-the-scenes featurette, a survival Training featurette, multi-angle storyboards with an optional commentary by director Tony Scott and seven original TV spots.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

Quote from: thedigitalbits.comWe have details on the extras you can expect on Paramount's forthcoming 2-disc special collector's editions of The Untouchables, Footloose and Deep Impact. The Untouchables (10/5 - SRP $14.99) will include 4 new featurettes (The Script, The Cast, Production Stories, Reinventing the Genre and The Classic), 1 vintage featurette (The Men), and the film's theatrical trailer. Video will be anamorphic widescreen with audio in English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and French Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround. Footloose (9/28 - SRP $19.99) will include audio commentary by Kevin Bacon, a separate commentary by producer Craig Zadan and writer Dean Pitchford, 3 featurettes (Footloose: A Modern Musical, Part I, Footloose: A Modern Musical, Part II and Footloose: Songs that Tell a Story) and the theatrical trailer. Video will be anamorphic widescreen with audio in English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and 2.0 Surround, and French Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo. Finally, Deep Impact (10/5 - SRP $14.99) will include audio commentary with director Mimi Leder and visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar, 4 featurettes (Preparing for the End, Making an Impact, Creating the Perfect Traffic Jam and Parting Thoughts), a photo gallery, theatrical trailers and a teaser trailer. Video will be anamorphic widescreen with audio in English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 and English Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround. Whew!

mogwai

Quote from: dvdfile.comDue on November 2nd is a two-disc set of Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, which will be presented in 1.33:1 full screen and Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround. Extras include the new documentary "The Art of Stanley Kubrick from Short Films to Strangelove" and "Inside the Making of Dr. Strangelove" featurette, split-screen interview with Peter Sellers and George C. Scott, an advertising gallery, talent files and production notes (mogwai note: no deleted scenes!). Retail will be $34.95 (<-- that has to be a typo :eton iawgom).

Also getting the two-disc treatment on the 2nd is Jonathan Demme's Philadelphia. Remastered in anamorphic widescreen and Dolby 5.1 surround, extras include an audio commentary with Demme, a new documentary, deleted scenes, additional courthouse protest footage and interviews, the Oscar-winning Bruce Springsteen "Streets of Philadelphia" music video, and the theatrical trailer. List price will be $24.95.

Epidemic by Lars Von Trier
Street: 9/21/04
1.66 ws, director commentary, documentary: FREEDOGME

Ravi

sickfins

who likes the new gavel cover art

i know i do

i like how they replaced the city of philadelphia with the gavel