Emily Watson interview

Started by budgie, January 11, 2003, 10:49:50 AM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: sphinxbut he speaks in a british accent in that movie!

Quote from: Duck SauceI thought he was American too after most of the roles I saw him play were American.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Duck Saucestill never heard him talk in Brittish accent

GodDamnImDaMan

I refuse to believe that no one saw MY emily watson interview on page one...
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

bonanzataz

I love that interview, I just felt that it spoke for itself. Kind of like an aside, like, anyway, here's goddamn's dick, let's get on with the conversation.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

av8raaron

Quote from: bonanzatazYou're a bad, selfish girl, Bess, and you will be punished!

Does Lars Von Trier make happy movies?

None I'm aware of (at least not in a language I speak).  That's probably part of their appeal - both "Waves" and "Dancer" are some of my favorite films that are genuinely uncomfortable to watch.
Fresh buttered toast.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: av8raaron
Quote from: bonanzatazYou're a bad, selfish girl, Bess, and you will be punished!

None I'm aware of (at least not in a language I speak).  That's probably part of their appeal - both "Waves" and "Dancer" are some of my favorite films that are genuinely uncomfortable to watch.

I think Waves was worse for me. There were parts where I was gettin sick to my stomach thinking "god, what is this girl doing to herself?"

av8raaron

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: av8raaron

I think Waves was worse for me. There were parts where I was gettin sick to my stomach thinking "god, what is this girl doing to herself?"

Yeah, Waves was the first Von Trier film I saw and I was definately unprepared.  Dancer is, in many ways, not as, uh... traumatic (?).  Watson's Bess actually takes on the role of flagellating herself while Bjork's Selma just has a lot of shit happen to her.  It also struck me that while Dancer is a musical and therefore very obviously a movie, Waves' lack of music (aside from the act changes) makes it seem significantly more real - something akin to the "fourth wall" effect in theatre.

Not to sound like a moron, but I first saw Waves thought I'd bought a pirated version because the camera view wouldn't stop shaking.  Okey-dokie-silly-illy-okie-o, I'm an idiot!
Fresh buttered toast.

GodDamnImDaMan

This thread was beautiful...
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

bonanzataz

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManThis thread was beautiful...

you're beautiful, you silly, hairy man you.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls