Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

MacGuffin

Updates about Inherent Vice come at an Inherent Price. Help us keep xixax alive through PTA's next project.

http://xixax.com/donations.php
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Just donated.  This site is the only thing keeping 72teeth from winding up dead and naked in a gutter somewhere.
My house, my rules, my coffee

72teeth

Please give, guys... Please!!

My life is in your hands guys...

my life

is in

Your

Hands.

guys

but ill give next paycheck, i swear!!
i literally only have enough some southern comfort and an 8ball right now...

jus' kiddin'! but not kidding about donatin' next week, i really will!!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Reel

Maybe if I gave Bethie some more old albums she'll donate again for me.

How much would this be worth?

72teeth

i once paid 80dollars for a herbiemann pushpush

harsh times.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

Xixax serves you your daily grande shot of piping hot movie blend. Please take care of your cinema barista.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Do you have lots of love to give, but no where to put it?

Does reading movie news and reviews first thing when you get up give you a heart on?

Then show xixax some punch-drunk love on Valentine's Day by donating.  :inlove:

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

Is xixax slow for anyone else today? It has the least traffic of any site I go to and yet everytime I click on something it takes 2 minutes to load. Just me?

Fernando

Jeremy Blackman

Me too.

Dreamhost is terrible. We've been planning to switch hosts since we're near the end of our term with them.

72teeth

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Jeremy Blackman

It looks like we are probably transferring our domain and hosting soon. If there's a glitch during the process and the site goes down (unlikely), rest assured that we will be back up.

Jeremy Blackman

I'm doing the domain and hosting transfer tonight.

Assuming things work as they should, the site will not fully go down.

However, there will be a period of time when no new posts will be saved. I'll post a warning when that begins.

Jeremy Blackman

Starting now, new posts will not be saved.

I'll update when the transfer is complete.

Jeremy Blackman

Currently downloading the site from the FTP. The download speed is varying wildly, because Dreamhost is terrible.

Once that's done, I will complete the transfer and upload the site to our new host. When that upload is complete, I'll switch over the nameservers.

Then, and only then, will new posts be saved. This could take some time.