Spoon: Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga ~ THE BEST ALBUM OF 2007 (So Far)!

Started by modage, February 01, 2005, 10:32:15 PM

tpfkabi

could be.

i'm glad you put Don't You Evah on there. this is my favorite on the album and it's getting neglected in all the reviews i've read (other than to mention that it's a cover) while people are going 'ga ga' over Cherry Bomb. i love the backing to that track (i keep thinking of the Stones' Under My Thumb) but the vocals are too distorted and it's just not very melodic to me. i still like it, but not like everyone else seems to.

i'm really wondering what the original version of Don't sounds like...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

I Love a Magician

nah man i love the beast and dragon adored. gimmie fiction is probably my favorite album of '05. couldn't really put every spoon song that i like on there because it would quickly become a mellon collie type collection. i just put a couple songs on there from each album that i thought would best grab my friend's attention.

ono

I like the part where I had no clue a new Spoon album was in the works (other than "hey, it's been over two years!") and then it leaked.

Before Destruction is de(struct-a)licious!

Are you quite certain, love?  Is Love Forever?  Wow.  Just two knee-jerk reactions, 'cause I'm loving this even more than Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, which was so slight, especially after the majesty of Gimme Fiction.  I wanna talk, but first I wanna listen.  Thanks for the heads up in the Now Playing thread.  More later!

polkablues

Spoon is a band I'm always interested in hearing new things from, though I haven't loved one of their albums unreservedly since Girls Can Tell. They started getting really good at production from Kill the Moonlight on, which is great and they've done nothing but impressive work since then, but I still always long for the rawness of their first three albums.
My house, my rules, my coffee

tpfkabi

i wasn't crazy about the one or two songs i heard, but i'll definitely get the album when it comes out.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ono

polkablues

The loosest they've sounded in over a decade. I'm for it.

Bethie

I just saw them last week! It was a good show. the new album is top notch.
who likes movies anyway

ono

Spoon teased a new album recently, and released a single on Spotify.  So, while the world may be going to Helena Handbasket, there's that.

ono

Spoon's new album is pretty damn good.  Hot Thoughts is such a catchy title track, and I really love the ending track, Us.  Like nothing they've ever done before, though if pressed I would say shades of This Book is a Movie or maybe stuff on A Series of Sneaks.  The song Shotgun is deserving of a better title.  Those are the ones that stick out so far, though I've only had a week and a half of commute time to listen to them yet.

polkablues