Kevin Smith and PT Anderson, some of you people are nuts.

Started by Steve McQueen's ghost, September 30, 2003, 12:59:46 AM

Chest Rockwell

Just for the record, I'm a fan of Smith as far as Clerks and Chasing Amy go. Dogma used to impress me, and it's still a smart film, but something makes me think it's mostly pretention. Oh, and McQueen, your initial post seems hypocritical to say the least. You accuse fans of PTA of disliking Smith on grounds that Smith discredited Magnolia. But on your post you diss Magnolia right along with Smith, as though you're following his opinion. Face the facts, man, they aren't comparable, and I mean that in a way that PTA makes MUCH better movies that aren't just self-referential humor that no one outside Smith-circles would get (granted, I'm only really referring to Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back). As I said, Chasing Amy and Clerks were very nice, but thats 2 of 5. PTA's record is much more solid at this juncture.

kotte

Anyone seen Smith's The Flying Car?

Good writing but mediocre performances.

Hated the end, the punch-line. It didn't work at all. It was too obvious he pressured so it came off as very un-funny and stupid.

I've seen it.  it's a short-film by the acclaimed director of mallrats and jay & silent bob strike back  .

it's hard for me to watch  the  words "acclaimed director" and "kevin smith" put together in a same phrase...  don't get me wrong.   i LOVE the guy (the clerks cartoon failure was a GODDAMN shame).

more  tomorrow, i'm tired.
context, context, context.