David Fincher's videos

Started by mutinyco, June 12, 2003, 08:59:27 AM

mutinyco

I don't know how long everybody's been following Fincher's work, but I was into him back in the late '80s when he was doing videos. In fact, back in 1990, he had 3 out of four nominations for best director at the MTV Awards -- won for Vogue.

You should pick up tapes or DVDs for Paula Abdul's "Forever Your Girl" collection, Madonna's "Immaculate Collection," Aerosmith's "Big Ones," and even George Michael's best of (though you'll have to deal with the rest of G.M.'s crap)...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Spike

I'm 15 and recently (after watching "Se7en" and "Fight Club" in one night) I became a Fincher-Fan. Now I'm going to buy each of his films on DVD.

Of his music videos I just have seen the one he has directed for Aerosmith. I can't remember the title of the song now.

Palm Pictures should team up with Fincher and make a DVD with his music videos and commercials (like the one that'll be released by Spike Jonze).
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Spike

Quote from: mutinycoJanie's Got a Gun...

Yeah exactly. The video was quiet cool.

Cecil

have you seen judith? its quite cool

Pubrick

his videos are nothing special.

sayin' tho.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

yep. they're good, but "not especially great".

i would also say PTA's videos are nothing special. it's not their fault tho, other ppl are just insanely better.
under the paving stones.

Spike

Fincher really doesn't like most of the music videos he directed because in his opinion he was in process of learning doing the music stuff.

Weak2ndAct

News: Palm's putting out director's series dvd's for Fincher and Mark Romanek.  It's like the Jonze/Gondry/Cunningham sets, all videos and commericals, w/ interviews, comm's and all the other goodness.

Newtron

Jonze/Gondry/Cunningham > Fincher and Mark Romanek.

meatball

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Weak2ndActNews: Palm's putting out director's series dvd's for Fincher and Mark Romanek.  It's like the Jonze/Gondry/Cunningham sets, all videos and commericals, w/ interviews, comm's and all the other goodness.

is this still happening?
...your excuses are your own...

Stefen

Finchers videos are pretty good. I remember being a little kid and watching the george michael video with all the models. It was until a few years ago I realized that was a fincher video.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: Weak2ndActNews: Palm's putting out director's series dvd's for Fincher and Mark Romanek.  It's like the Jonze/Gondry/Cunningham sets, all videos and commericals, w/ interviews, comm's and all the other goodness.

is this still happening?

They are already out. I picked up all three. The Michel Gondry and Spike Jonze dvds are PACKED, the Chris Cunningham one is by far my favorite although it doesn't have much content on it and it was kind of hard to find ( i had to order it online while I picked up the other two at a local music shop) Definetely pick them up if you see them, they're only around 15 bucks each.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: StefenChris Cunningham one is by far my favorite although it doesn't have much content on it and it was kind of hard to find
u hav chosen wisely.
under the paving stones.