HBO's Entourage makes me cream my pants...

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, July 19, 2005, 02:15:56 PM

cine

Quote from: clerkguy23 on August 14, 2007, 01:16:56 PM
this last episode goes on record for hbo's lowest half-hour of programming.

example:
-turtle is out of the "good" weed
-vince reveals that he had a secret stash of turtle's good weed
-turtle brings three girls home from the grocery store, gets pulled over for having weed
-turtle gets let off because he knows vince, but he's gotta throw the weed in the sewer.
-guess what? turtle gets his weed back because he "put it on a ledge" in the sewer when he threw it down.
-turtle returns with the three girls, everyone gets high, but wait-- turtle thinks they might be running low on weed again!
-don't worry, vince lets turtle in on another little secret stash he's been hiding upstairs, and they get more weed.
THE END

meanwhile anna farris looks fucking insane and all of her scenes with e are awkward, embarassing, and unfunny.

this show has truly reached rock bottom (and i even used to be a big fan)

so for those of you who didn't watch the episode.. lemme fill you in: that was about 2 minutes of the 27 minute episode.

i dont know why i even need to say this, the entourage diehards hopefully know where im coming from.. but this is a really fun season because the writers have taken a step back from crazy tension of vince's career and just let everyone breathe a bit.. and they've all done some growing up this season (especially ari). it's been very entertaining and just about the exact opposite of the negative criticism in my view.

looking forward to more awkward tension between E and vince...

Kal

Quote from: Cinephile on August 14, 2007, 11:54:45 PM
Quote from: clerkguy23 on August 14, 2007, 01:16:56 PM
this last episode goes on record for hbo's lowest half-hour of programming.

example:
-turtle is out of the "good" weed
-vince reveals that he had a secret stash of turtle's good weed
-turtle brings three girls home from the grocery store, gets pulled over for having weed
-turtle gets let off because he knows vince, but he's gotta throw the weed in the sewer.
-guess what? turtle gets his weed back because he "put it on a ledge" in the sewer when he threw it down.
-turtle returns with the three girls, everyone gets high, but wait-- turtle thinks they might be running low on weed again!
-don't worry, vince lets turtle in on another little secret stash he's been hiding upstairs, and they get more weed.
THE END

meanwhile anna farris looks fucking insane and all of her scenes with e are awkward, embarassing, and unfunny.

this show has truly reached rock bottom (and i even used to be a big fan)

so for those of you who didn't watch the episode.. lemme fill you in: that was about 2 minutes of the 27 minute episode.

i dont know why i even need to say this, the entourage diehards hopefully know where im coming from.. but this is a really fun season because the writers have taken a step back from crazy tension of vince's career and just let everyone breathe a bit.. and they've all done some growing up this season (especially ari). it's been very entertaining and just about the exact opposite of the negative criticism in my view.

looking forward to more awkward tension between E and vince...

couldnt agree more with cine.

ari has been great in all these episodes that some people here dislike. him reacting to his son school problem, or his wife kissing another guy, just like he did before when the daughter was going out with that kid. its just ari and his personality, which is one of the best things the show has. not only him as an agent, but as a father and husband.

the moment with drama and vince alone was funny just cause it never happens, and it shows how little they have in common. they have nothing to say to each other.

i like the past couple of episodes and the fact that no work stuff was mentioned. no walsh was also good. its time to bring him back though to continue with the story line for medellin and the new project. he'll definitely be back for the trip to cannes i guess.

pete

I've always been a casual viewer, and I downloaded this episode after I read the previous posts.  yeah, I can no longer tell this show apart from something like the OC, except the characters sometimes used their real names here.  I enjoyed the show at times because you had a pretty boy whose charisma was unstoppable, and every hollywood caricature couldn't stop them.  but now they're all just really dumb.  ari became a pussy, with all of his great punchlines taken away from him (in exchange for stupid "real moments" that ended with him fucking his own wife).  everything else was just pointless exercises of testerone.  I got kinda depressed actually, that, after a date with a girl left too open ended for my liking, I had to come home to such subpar escapist entertainment.  watching people trying to get high is lame to begin with.  it's lamer when you thought it was going to deliver you from a mundane weeknight.
shouldn't gone karaokeing with the gay dudes instead.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

©brad

Quote from: kal on August 15, 2007, 12:25:43 AMcouldnt agree more with cine clerkguy.

shit is so lazy and dumb and tired now. last sunday's episode was the worst i've seen of any show in some time. there was absolutely no narrative whatsoever. you can get better drama out of most reality tv shows.  i don't really even like any of the characters anymore (save ari). drama is such a goddamn sleezeball. vince is  so one-dimensional and boring, as is E. turtle could be good if he had something to do besides get stoned all day. none of the characters have really grown or learned anything since the first episode. it amazes me that the show has the female following that it does b/c it's so demoralizing to women. and what i can no longer get past is the idea of 4 guys in their late 20s/early 30s still living together. it worked in the beginning i guess, but now it's just weird and gay.

pumba

I couldn't believe how they wrapped up the Anna Faris story.

Vince: So she fired you?
Eric: yeah.
Vince: Would she date you?
Eric: Nope.

Let's move on

Kal

I've been defending this all along but that finale pissed me off...

The whole episode made no sense... the whole negotiation, the screening, the arab guy with his offer, the partying, etc... boring.

E was right in everything of course, but nobody fucking listens... and thats how it ends? All good? They have freaked out for stupid bullshit in the past but now they are ok with everyone hating the movie and giving it to Harvey for free to see what happens...

Same as that conclusion with Anna Faris that made no sense, this made also no sense. They run out of time and it looks stupid. They wasted too much fucking time with Drama chasing the girl and they cannot afford it cause every episode is like 15 minutes...

One year now to see what the fuck happened with the stupid movie, and the new production, and Walsh getting fired probably and we will not see him again.

pete

I actually liked it.  this episode wasn't about money in the end, and wasn't this part of entourage's charm--a bunch of rich dudes seeing through the bullshit and still behaving like they did when they were kids?  they were almost players but then they weren't, and they were okay with it.  that was cool.  still, the show has now almost fully embraced its doucheness, so I still felt guilty liking something so douchey.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

i was fine with it.. and then i realized that was the season finale and then i was a bit let down. i think the only thing i'm annoyed about is that it DID feel a bit rushed and they were suddenly REALLY cool about selling it for a dollar instead of $75 mill.  also.. they aren't even worried that nobody likes the movie.

weird..

the Drama stuff was great as usual though.

john

Goddamn, I should probably avoid threads like this if I don't have HBO and don't want shit spoiled.

Then again, does "everything turns out fine" really spoil anything for me?

Has Entourage ever ended with anything less?

Will it ever?

Nope.

Best thing I saw during the half of this season I did catch: Ari saving Lloyd from the Drew Carey writer that wanted to fuck him. That was almost kinda endearing.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Pubrick

Quote from: john on September 06, 2007, 02:50:01 AM
Best thing I saw during the half of this season I did catch: Ari saving Lloyd from the Drew Carey writer that wanted to fuck him. That was almost kinda endearing.

yeah but that same episode ended on an EMBARRASSING smirk from E's girlfriend. she practically winked at the camera, i mean what the fuck was that? god forbid it ends on a somewhat realistic or at least emotionally believable note. it was actually groundbreaking for them (almost) that drama and turtle didn't get laid.. only to be saved at the last moment by vince in a turn of events that rendered his subplot with E completely worthless.

yeah. this is not a show to love. it's just some shit to watch. emphasis on shit.
under the paving stones.

Redlum

Quote from: pete on September 04, 2007, 02:31:04 AM
this episode wasn't about money in the end, and wasn't this part of entourage's charm--a bunch of rich dudes seeing through the bullshit and still behaving like they did when they were kids?

True. The show is at its best when it combines this side of the characters with a sincere love of film and film making. The only episode this season that worked on this front was episode one. Now they've traded Sydney Pollack for Kanye West. I thought they'd pay for their arrogance and a season full of careless indulgence but they just shrugged it off.

It was once a guilty pleasure now its an embarrassment.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Sleepless

So has season 4 finished on HBO now? Any idea when it's coming out on DVD?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: thooor on April 04, 2007, 12:42:25 PM
A feel good series, perfect for a feel good person like me  :yabbse-smiley:

I stoped reading after you guys started talking about season 4 (which I still haven't seen) but I'm with thooor 100%.

Plus, I'd like to add that I really don't see Drama as Kramer at all. I now admit that his loser status until he got the pilot (and even after that, with the bad reviews and all) actually was, for me, the emotional core of the show. I really feel for him and his lack of talent...  :oops:
Si

ElPandaRoyal

Okey, so... I think season 4 was maybe the weakest, even though it strated with a great episode. It was still fun and I liked watching everything, but I'm guessing that what I really like about it are the discussions about new projects, the cameos from directors and actors, etc... This season was more about E. going to work on his own, Vince having trouble getting a job, blah blah blah. I'm sure next season will be better, and even if it's not, I'll still watch just because it's fun, short, and it has Johnny Drama and Ari.
Si

Sleepless

Amazon is listing Season 4 DVD for release on August 26.

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.