Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

jokerspath

From www.spinwithagrin.co.uk
This Radiohead site had fans submit questions to be answered by the band.  Someone (for some reason this answer isn't attributed specifically to anyone, though Thom did most of the answers at the beginning) mentions Magnolia randomly.  

SUBMITTED BY: HSNNHAL HSNNHAL from Hong Kong

QUESTION:  
Many artists have been involved in making music for movies, like Bono for "Million Dollar Hotel", Bjork "Dancer in the Dark"....... Have you ever thought of producing a movie and the music to it? Any other parts of the movie production process you're interested in?

ANSWER:  
I've just got back from Park City, Utah, where the Sundance Film Festival was held. I saw Jamie Thrave's " the low down ", and also Jonathan Glazer's " Sexy Beast ", ( en route, not at the festival ). I went to see " Scratch ", about turntablism, but they gave our tickets away! So it was frustrating to see film because of the demand and small seating numbers. So I spent most of the days learning how to snowboard, which involved falling on my arse alot...The good stuff that came out was meeting film makers and music supervisors ( they put film makers and musicians together in a matchmaking kind of way), and letting people know we were interested in cool projects. It's such a time consuming and completely different field that I don't think we'd ever do anything in the ' production ' thing...but it's true that a screenwriter often has the soundtrack in their head when they write a cool movie, like Anderson's ( i think ) " Magnolia ", and if we were in their head and we liked the idea, then that would be great. What we hated was being tacked on to some soundtrack to an ' action ' movie that would include, say, the Cardigans (no disrepect ), or whoever would appeal to a middle america demographic to sell cds and bums on seats. I know Jonny is interested in doing some scoring, but again the time commitment is a big deal, so maybe a strong short would be a good first experience. Ed thought that it would be interesting having to work to someone else's vision - the director - since we've never done that, and that could be an interesting discipline. Or maybe a nightmare!

===

Just thought some people might like that...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Sleuth

Thanks joker, I really liked that. ::rubs shoulder::
I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

I can't move....think, or process anything.  took me what seemed like 3 hours to find this damn thread....

2nd encore=
Karma Police
Everything in it's right place.

need sleep, must get up in 2 hours...and find a ticket for tonight.

SHAFTR

I saw them Aug 23, here was their setlist

2+2=5
Sit Down.Stand Up.
Where I End & You Begin
Kid A
Backdrifts
Lucky
Paranoid Android
We Suck Young Blood
Fake Plastic Trees
Go To Sleep
Sail To the Moon
Just
Scatterbrain
Idioteque
No Surprises
The Gloaming
There There

Encore 1

You and Whose Army?
The National Anthem
Myxomatosis
Street Spirit (fade out)

Encore 2

Karma Police
Everything In Its Right Place

PS> Hail to the Thief gets better and better with every listen, it might be edging closer to my favorite from radiohead.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

aclockworkjj

the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops, the rain drops. the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops,the rain drops.

yes, I can't think, nor process a thing.  But what a fuckin' great way to end a set.  They played too much from Hail to the Thief thou...

Pedro

Saw them last night at the cynthia woods pavillion...best live show ive ever seen

RegularKarate

Hey Pedro,

I was there too.
Where were your seats?

and yes, it's one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
I was sick and had to drive three hours alone on some backwoods path that I had never driven before, but it was amazing.  Once they started playing, I didn't feel sick anymore... I think that concert could have woken me from a coma.  

Had to drive three hours back and go to work this morning and now I feel like I might cough out one of my lungs, but I can't stop thinking about how fucking great that show was.

Jesus, The Gloaming ruled everything!

Sleuth

The Gloaming?  I hate that song!
I like to hug dogs

Pedro

Quote from: RegularKarateHey Pedro,

I was there too.
Where were your seats?

I was sick and had to drive three hours alone on some backwoods path that I had never driven before, but it was amazing.  Once they started playing, I didn't feel sick anymore... I think that concert could have woken me from a coma.  

Had to drive three hours back and go to work this morning and now I feel like I might cough out one of my lungs, but I can't stop thinking about how fucking great that show was.

Row J seat 21. Dead Center. Don't know how my dad caught the deal he did for those, but he did.

Alexandro

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: RegularKarateHey Pedro,

I was there too.
Where were your seats?

Row J seat 21. Dead Center. Don't know how my dad caught the deal he did for those, but he did.

I was there too...had to drive like 8 or 9 hours from mexico, and i risked losing my job but it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worth it....the best concert i've ever seen...the ending was perfect...i would have lost this job and other ten just like this one to see that show...

I was on the lawn..by the way...a friend told me at the end: "look at all these faces filled with satisfaction"...never seen so many before...

MacGuffin

Radiohead protests Q

When is an honor not an honor? Ask Radiohead. The British rock band on Thursday was named "best act in the world today" for the third consecutive year by readers of Q magazine, England's rough equivalent of Rolling Stone.

Members of the group, however, refused to attend the awards ceremony and sent a silent video in their place. The video showed the words "Radiohead are not talking to Q" across the bottom of the screen, in response to a Q review of the group labeling it "miserable."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

aclockworkjj

I am still in awe that I saw these guys, and for free no less.  I really wish I coulda scored tickets for the 2nd night thou.  Oh, well, I shouldn't complain.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinRadiohead protests Q

When is an honor not an honor? Ask Radiohead. The British rock band on Thursday was named "best act in the world today" for the third consecutive year by readers of Q magazine, England's rough equivalent of Rolling Stone.

Members of the group, however, refused to attend the awards ceremony and sent a silent video in their place. The video showed the words "Radiohead are not talking to Q" across the bottom of the screen, in response to a Q review of the group labeling it "miserable."

I don't get it.

So... miserable in what way?

Dirk

Quote from: MacGuffinRadiohead protests Q

According to ateaseweb.com:

Jonny Greenwood was on the official board last night. Someone asked what the message to the Q Awards read. Jonny: "that would be interesting to know.... well, they wrote it not us. we didn't send anything this time....

In other news, Radiohead will be on both Conan O'Brien and David Letterman on Oct. 17th.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

aclockworkjj

according to me, I am still singin' this shit my head.