Songs Currently Stuck In Head

Started by Lucinda Bryte, October 22, 2003, 03:45:29 PM

Stefen

AZ is one of the most underrated MC's ever.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Damn you, Natasha Bedinfield:

Take me away! (take me away)
A secret place! (a secret place)
A sweet escape! (a sweet escape)

To better days! (take to better days)
A hiding place! (a hiding place)

I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine.
I got a love, and I know that it's all mine.
Oh, woah.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

Cuz if you like it then you should have put a ring on it
If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
Cuz If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Fernando

Thanks to mad men, You only live twice has been in my head for days, and in my obsession of seeeking different versions found this one that isnt that different from the original but it is enough to be a really good version.

never heard of that band before and in a xixax search there are no matches, I've heard some other songs from them and it's good, probably right up JB's alley.

polkablues

This song is going on every summer playlist I make from here on out.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

LELELELELELELELELE GOO!
(animal collective - todays supernatural)

InTylerWeTrust

Learned to play it a couple days ago, now I wake up with that riff in my head everyday...  8)

"White Americans, what, nothin' better to do?
Why don't you kick yourself out? You're an immigrant too
Who's usin' who? What should we do?
Well you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too"

Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Neil

The other day, I had some headphones on and I was listening to, "lost dogs and mixed blessings," from John Prine and this song came on.  Now, this record is what happens when folk songs get over produced and it actually gets done right.  Or at least what happens to songs with folk sentiments, now long story short; this song jerked some serious tears from my face .  This hasn't happened for a long time.

Hopefully someone out there finds the same thing in there as me.

RIP pops.

- You know what blood looks like in a black and white video?

- Shadows!   SHADOWS!  That's what it looks like.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reel

Comedy Bang Bang is it a hit or miss show for me because the characters are so outlandish that you'll either find them hilarious or tedious depending on if you get the joke. Jon Daly is my favorite, and most popular for his character "Bill Cosby-Bukowski" who's writes what he calls "Jelloems". Anyways, Jon and Zach Galifianakis have put together a fan club called "The Peppermen" specializing in any and everything Red Hot Chili Peppers. I think what I find funniest about the bit is their dedication to playing it straight as themselves when talking about this. Jon took it a step further and made this amazing tribute song. Everything about it structurally is exactly a Chili Peppers song but the lyrics seem to kind of make fun of their whole career as musicians. I love that. Do yourself a favor and stick around until 1:48. Bing a bong, a bong, a bonga. Enjoy.

Lottery

Thiiiis. Vocal harmonies and the key changes which sound like changing dreams.

Reel

woke up with this chorus in my head

I call it "Valley Girl syndrome"

Reel

I grew up listening to "What The Hell Happened To Me" and "Stan and Judy's Kid", but recently I got ahold of "They're All Gonna Laugh At You" and FFFUUUUCCCCKKK, remember when this guy was hilarious?

Axolotl

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qCTciUrIWZE

Haven't even seen this in ages but this has been stuck as my mental soundtrack for the last two days for some reason and I'm not complaining.

polkablues

This is a cover of one of the , performed by the band that does the catchy but kind of obnoxious "Cool Kids", a band that consists of a group of teenaged siblings, and I've probably listened to it twenty times over the past two days. I can not get enough of this stupid song.
My house, my rules, my coffee