Elektra

Started by MacGuffin, February 19, 2004, 01:38:36 AM

MacGuffin

Rob Bowman to Bring Elektra to Life
Source: Variety

20th Century Fox and Regency Enterprises are in talks with Rob Bowman to direct Elektra, the Daredevil spinoff that will star Jennifer Garner. Horseshoe Bay partners Mark Steven Johnson and Gary Foster are producing with Marvel Studios' Avi Arad.

Bowman, who made his feature directing debut for Fox on X-Files, last helmed the actioner Reign of Fire. He will direct an Elektra script written by Zak Penn that will put Garner back into the skin-tight Spandex costume, and which fits into her hiatus from the ABC series Alias.

The plot of Elektra will draw heavily from the graphic novels "The Elektra Assassin" and "The Elektra Saga," as she battles the Hand, an organization of killers that trained her and then betrayed her.

Casting for other parts will begin shortly for a May start. One major character will be Stick, a martial arts trainer who is a venerable Marvel Comics figure.

In related news, Bowman will also direct The WB's new version of Dark Shadows.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

b.o.m.b.s.a.w.a.y.!.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

bonanzataz

yes... yes... YES!!!!

Elektra Nachos, back in action, baby! Oh, i'm shitting myself with excitement now.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Typhoid Mary is the Elektra Villainess
Source: USA Today

USA Today spoke to both Elektra star Jennifer Garner and producer Gary Foster about the villain. Garner says she will have "a female foil" in the Daredevil spin-off set to film in May. "I'm getting ready to train to battle Typhoid Mary," she says.

Foster, who with co-producer Avi Arad helped choose the supervillain, says, "Typhoid Mary is a psychotic. By day she's this normal woman, and at night she loses her mind and drives you into this disease, where you literally get typhoid."

In the comics, Typhoid Mary was born with multiple personality disorder, giving her two distinct personalities. Mary is quiet, but Typhoid is a psychotic seductress bent on dominating men by implanting suggestions into their minds.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Terence Stamp Joins Jennifer Garner's Elektra

USA Today reports that The Haunted Mansion, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace and Superman (he played General Zod) star Terence Stamp has joined the Daredevil spin-off Elektra.

The paper talked to Jennifer Garner at the premiere of 13 Going on 30, where she mentioned that she'll be heading to Vancouver in two weeks to start filming.

It was not revealed who Stamp will play in the new comic book adaptation, but stay tuned for more on his role. 20th Century Fox is aiming for a February 18, 2005 release date.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

Quote from: MacGuffinTerence Stamp Joins Jennifer Garner's Elektra

What the hell? Stamp has got too much talent to swim around in shit like this.

MacGuffin

Goran Visnjic Aboard Jennifer Garner's Elektra
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

ER star Goran Visnjic will play the male lead opposite Jennifer Garner in 20th Century Fox's Elektra, which starts filming early may in Vancouver.

In the Daredevil spin-off, Garner reprises her role as Elektra Natchios. She plays the beautiful and deadly assassin who was trained by the Hand, a clan of mystical ninjas. When she turns her back on them, they want her dead. Elektra is assigned to kill Visnjic's character by the Hand over something his grandfather did; however, she ends up falling for him.

Terence Stamp rounds out the cast. Visnjic heads to Vancouver after wrapping up duties on ER. He also stars in the current release, Close Your Eyes.

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

matt35mm

Thanks.

I've gotta say, this already looks better than Daredevil.  I mean, it really wouldn't have to be that great to top it.  Plus, Jennifer Garner is absolutely great at kicking ass--much better than Ben Affleck.  She's better at acting, too.  She can carry this.

Rob Bowman is also, arguably, a better director than what's-his-face from the first movie.  It looks visually better, also, I think.

We'll just have to wait and see, but this first look has definitely removed some of my doubt--at least it's looks like a worthier project than Daredevil ever was.

MacGuffin

Trailer here.[/url]

Release Date: January 14th, 2005 (wide)

Cast: Jennifer Garner (Elektra Natchios), Goran Visnjic (Mark Miller), Terence Stamp (Stick), Will Yun Lee, Kristin Prout (Abby), Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Roshi), Lina Teal (Typhoid Mary), Colin Cunningham, Hiro Kanagawa, Bob Sapp

Director: Rob Bowman (The X-Files: Fight the Future, Airborne, Reign of Fire)

Screenwriter: Raven Metzner and Stuart Zicherman (they also have Deathlok and Nosebleed in development) (first draft); rewrite by Zak Penn (cowriter of Behind Enemy Lines, PCU, Inspector Gadget)

Premise: Following the events of Daredevil, Elektra Natchios (Garner), sai enthusiast and assassin for hire, is revived by the Order of the Hand, a group of assassins who helped train her. Assigned by the Hand's current leader, Kirigi, to kill a man, Mark Miller (Visnjic), and his 13-year-old daughter, Abby (Prout), Elektra soon befriends them and decides to stand up to her ninja peers. Elektra is especially motivated to do so when she discovers that Miller's grandfather was an ally of her former mentor, Stick (Stamp), who is the blind martial arts teacher responsible for training a certain eyesight-challenged ex-boyfriend of hers... Together, the foursome must take on Kirigi's lethal quartet (which includes Tengu and Typhoid Mary), before Elektra ultimately takes on Kirigi himself.

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

the movie i will see but the trailer was boring.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

she looks delicious.

Pedro

she looks like a man