Author Topic: Silence  (Read 13366 times)

wilder

• Respect: +1417
Re: Silence
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2017, 06:27:26 PM »
+1

wilder

• Respect: +1417
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2017, 05:53:21 AM »
I thought this was very, very good but Andrew Garfield's accent damn near sunk the whole thing.

MILD SPOILERS

I imagine it's going to gain something significant on replay, when you can view the first half with the knowledge of what Ferreira tells Rodrigues once they come face to face...

tpfkabi

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +20
    • twitter deed, twitter dead. in the heart or in the head?
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 05:27:24 PM »
Thanks for the screenplay link. If you backtrack the website address, you will also find the screenplay for Arrival.

I thought this was a beautiful film. I have it at #2 of my favorite 2016 films right now.
I saw this and The Revenant for the first time within a 24 hour period. Both films transport you to another time, and both can be brutal at times.

SPOILERS

I thought it was a cool choice to start the film with the sound of crickets, then the title came up and they cut the sound. Then the crickets come back at the end titles. The final shot was a surprise. I'm trying to think of final shot reveals that Scorsese has done. The rat at the end of The Departed comes to mind. I don't know how I feel about the inquisitor being so "goofily" played. Maybe this type of behavior is part of that culture that I don't understand as an American.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy