Lost River

Started by Mel, May 19, 2014, 03:19:09 PM

Mel

Gosling's upcoming fantasy-neo-noir film starring Christina Hendricks, Matt Smith, Saoirse Ronan and Eva Mendes.

Teaser:

Simple mind - simple pleasures...

polkablues

Now I'm just picturing Ryan Gosling behind the camera with one of those old-timey megaphones, yelling "MORE LYNCHIAN!!!"
My house, my rules, my coffee

now im picturing christina hendricks in a die antwoord video

wilder

jenkins

[noise a person makes when so jealous]

Lottery

Might end up an oversymbolic and imcomprehensible mess but thank god one of the actor turned directors are doing something zany. I don't think that's my Gosling crush speaking.

I bet Refn is super excited for his BFF.

wilder

In theaters and VOD on April 10, 2015

wilder

Blu-ray on May 5th, less than a month after the theatrical release

jenkins

mark olsen is hard repping this movie too. it's pretty obvious why i like mark olsen:

QuoteAlways prefer to see something weird & out-there & not perfect over the obvious/safe. Hence I celebrate LOST RIVER, problem child that it is

review quotes:
QuoteTurns out "Lost River" is indeed a mess, but it's the best mess possible, an evocative grab-bag of images and moods with a heartfelt sincerity and conflicting impulses of romantic melancholy and hardscrabble hopefulness.
and
QuoteAmong Gosling's sharpest choices was working with Belgian cinematographer Benoît Debie, who also shot "Spring Breakers" and "Enter the Void," and the film is at its best and most alive when it goes full-weirdo, leaving behind any pretext to naturalism for a deeply saturated, color-soaked look. There are arresting and indelible images, mostly around the Grand Guignol inspired nightclub with its bizarre peep-show basement. The tops of streetlights partially submerged underwater break the surface like slim-necked beasts, urban Loch Ness monsters.
and
QuoteThe pulsing, evocative score by Johnny Jewel, whose music also featured prominently in the Gosling-starring "Drive," is a similarly smart addition. The film's overall interest in mixing horror movie aesthetics and a childish, dream-like whimsy is in line with Gosling's musical project known as Dead Man's Bones, which once put on shows at a Los Angeles marionette theater with a children's choir.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-lost-river-review-20150410-story.html

jenkins

i fell asleep for the movie a little bit, after approximately forty-five minutes, until there was maybe a guy dance-moving in a room with geometric pink light stuff then maybe some people in a tractor maybe fire and house but anyway the credits definitely started rolling. no you did. ok good. anyway, it was something. i was gripped. this would be a silent movie classic. oh for sure. good job the whole team. seems like a "keep weird alive" rally movie contender