Hail to the Thief leaked

Started by Dirk, March 30, 2003, 08:28:50 AM

Ghostboy

This is totally screwed up! You all should wait for the album to be released, by downloading it you're just stealing it. How can you really call yourselves Radiohead fans if you do that?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to download it.

Sleuth

Haha, I know for sure that I'm going to buy it, but now that I've downloaded it I don't know if I should listen.  June is a long time to wait
I like to hug dogs

Duck Sauce

If this is the way I have to hear it, Id rather wait for June 10th. They got to do something about albums getting leaked.

Sleuth

Yeah, I'd be very pissed off if I were Radiohead.
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: Duck SauceThey got to do something about albums getting leaked.

*cut off Dirk's feet?*
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Screw it. I'm going to download it. I'll still buy the album though.

Just to recap, Dirk posted this link, where only the first few tracks are working. Then he posted this link, where all the tracks were working, but it was slower. But the second link has since disappeared. I tried to resurrect its mp3s. It wasn't easy.

Those were the tough ones. Just try to fill in the names for the rest.

And check out the source:

http://www.iuma.com/st/jasmine_ztar/index-3.html

Just to make sure... this is the right order, right?

2 + 2 = 5
Sit Down. Stand Up
Sail To The Moon
Backdrifts
Go To Sleep
Where I End And You Begin
We Suck Young Blood
The Gloaming
There There
I Will
A Punch-Up at a Wedding
Myxamatosis
Scatterbrain
A Wolf At The Door

I have all the tracks!!  :-D

Please excuse me while I quietly slip into a pre-listening meditation.

Dirk

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanScrew it. I'm going to download it. I'll still buy the album though.

I plan on buying it too. This is just to whet my appetite for the next 2 1/2 months. As far as I know of, Radiohead do not seem to have a big problem with piracy. Kid A and Amnesiac both sold very well despite being on the net well before their releases.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sleuth

I just want to say for the record, that this is my favorite Radiohead album.
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

I'm with Ghostboy on this one, this is the wrong thing to be doing and I certainly don't support this kind of piracy.

I'm having trouble getting Where I end and You Begin...  It's the only one that won't work after downloading from the first site and I can't seem to find the MP3 title for the second site... can anyone help with this?

Sleuth

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  I could send it to you if you were on Instant Messenger
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RegularKarateI'm having trouble getting Where I end and You Begin...

RegularKarate

thanks JB... I swear I tried that one and it just said "page not available"... but thanks... now I have the whole thing.

Jeremy Blackman

All you anti-piracy freaks should at least read this

God this is a great album! Can't say if it's their best after just one listening, but it's grabbing me the first time more than any other Radiohead album. People (including Radiohead) have said it's a lot like The Bends, but I disagree. It has a lot of piano and guitar, some Bend-ish instrumentation, but it definitely most resembles Amnesiac. Most in the, umm, style of composition if nothing else. I think almost all of the album is experimental, and there are some especially mindblowing sounds in Myxomatosis and The Gloaning. It all feels very new. If Amnesiac was confusion, HTTT is revelation. Know what I mean? And it's kind of pissed off and defiant.

My favorites so far: Go to Sleep, We Suck Young Blood, There There, I Will. These are all masterpieces, these are really all classics. Is "Go to Sleep" a protest song though? There are some lyrics here, but not for all of the HTTT songs. Here's the best I could do with Go to Sleep:

Somethin' for the _?_ man
over my dead body
somethin' big is gonna happen
over my dead body

someone's son or someone's daughter
over my dead body
this is how you end up Sultan
over my dead body

(incomprehensible stuff)

we don't want the monster takin' over
tip-toe in and tie 'em down
we don't want the loonies takin' over
tip-toe in and tie 'em down

(same incomprehensible stuff x2)

Myxomatosis has some lyrics taken straight from Cuttooth.  :)

Also... Sit Down, Stand Up seems like a war song...

Sit down, stand up
Sit down, stand up

Walk into the jaws of hell
Walk into the jaws of hell

Sit down, stand up
Sit down, stand up
Sit down, stand up

We can anytime (?)
We can wipe you out

Sit down, stand up
Sit down, stand up

The rain drops (repeated)

The "rain drops" part sounds literally like a rain of death...

I think Pubrick's review of the live "There There" sums up the album pretty well.

Quote from: Pit feeeeeeels like,, it's hard to GT-ize it,. _|_ . feels like the future is as close as the past. in a beautiful place where time and space end. then,. its.. up to u how u feel about that.

Sleuth

Punch Up At A Wedding is sassy
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

The only one I have so far is We Suck Young Blood. Sounds great, but I'll bet it's even better in the context of the whole album. I need DSL! Or maybe I'll just do the right thing and wait, damn it.

I remember the first time I heard Optimistic on the radio back in '00, after three years of no new Radiohead. It was like the most incredible thing I'd ever heard, EVER.  I don't know if anything here will be able to top that experience (even though I don't think that's the best song on that album).