Working on your dream?

Started by kotte, January 27, 2004, 02:45:38 PM

kotte

Quote from: StefenKotte, you are one ambitious individual. I praise you.

You need to be in this business...

I'd like to be more productive though.

kotte

What's happening out there?
Keep this thread going, it's good for motivation.

* Looking for a shotgun with blanks for my new (very) short. It's hard. People should trust firearms and rifles to uknowns more.

* Looking through my monitor footage...A shot from the film as the monitor recorded it.

* Still searching for a film school.

* Having huge huge stomach pains over a feature script.

rustinglass

Great photography.
I'm looking to get into films school myself. be sure to leave some advice on my thematic dossier thread. Please!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Ordet

* casting and all pre prod. On my short to begin shooting July
* still writing my feature. (Over a year and a half now and still not ready)
* short script (34 pages) is compeeting in filmmaker's short gem screenplay competition

[/b]
were spinning

The Perineum Falcon

I am currently:

-Workshopping my [short] story (that "Lillian Harper" thing, but it's totally different now) for which I hope to one day make a film version of (and so I'm basically writing it for that end). Workshopping is good.

-Taking Narrative Illustration right now. Should help me tell a story/series of events visually, which is something new for me. Never realized just how difficult it can be until now, but it's cool and it's fun.

-Remember cbrad's short story, "How to Make Love to a Woman"? Yeah, I'm really jonesin' to make a short out of that. Was hoping that my uncle had the right kind of DV camera, but I'm afraid he doesn't. So, I need money and time to do that.

-Wanting to just move to California or somewhere....
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

bigperm

Just finished the fifth draft of my second screenplay (feature). This Saturday night the script will be read out loud with various folks in attendance. After studying with a script doctor from L.A. for awhile- I have learned a lot. My first feature script, only one draft, needs tons of work. I'm too focused on the new one, I need funds. The script is in the hands of one group of investors, but it's a long shot. I've heard nothing from them in over a month.  So my funding adventures are moving into high gear, I feel the script is good and hope I can make it.
Safe As Milk

Pubrick

still not a cotdamn ting.
under the paving stones.

rustinglass

Quote from: bigpermJust finished the fifth draft of my second screenplay (feature). This Saturday night the script will be read out loud with various folks in attendance. After studying with a script doctor from L.A. for awhile- I have learned a lot. My first feature script, only one draft, needs tons of work. I'm too focused on the new one, I need funds. The script is in the hands of one group of investors, but it's a long shot. I've heard nothing from them in over a month.  So my funding adventures are moving into high gear, I feel the script is good and hope I can make it.

best of luck with that project.

what is a script doctor? I gather it's someone who helps you with the script, but how exactly?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

bigperm

The gentleman I was working with graduated form UCLA film school way back. Since he had come to Austin to live. I took an introduction class from him and met him that way. Then learned more and so on.

A script doctor, to me, works correcting and proofreading scripts. That's the wee version.

He has sinced returned to L.A. to write for television, an upcoming show that as far as I know has been picked up for next fall.

Pubrick, don't hate me.  :lol:
Safe As Milk

bigperm

Sorry glass, to further explain and maybe someone else can do it more justcie, a "doctor" help with re-writes, formatting issues, dialogue you name it. I understand some are brought in to completely re-do scripts, it all just depends. So that is a bad explanation. . . or still vague
Safe As Milk

rustinglass

Oh, I get it.. like a thesis orientator?
-Emir Kusturica

ElPandaRoyal

I'm studying for my big test next monday a test that will put me, if I pass with a reasonable grade, studying audiovisual technology next year, so that's kind of important and can take me closer to the dream of movie making.

As soon as I finish that test, I have a couple of short story ideas that I want to write, another short film in mind and an ambicious project of mine for a long time, which is something like a series of comic short-films, all interconnected that would work great, I think, as a web saga... It's hard to explain, but I'll be working hard on writing it and I'm sure I'll come up with something that's worth it.

Quote from: bigpermPubrick, don't hate me.  :lol:

He hates everybody.
Si

picolas

it was a (good) joke about the thread, not directed at anyone.

Pubrick

Quote from: ElPandaRoyalHe hates everybody.
what kind of random shit is this? way to turn sumthing good into sumthing bad, guy.
under the paving stones.

Big Owl

The phantom Scribbler is goin on work experience for a week on the set of the irish television (RTE)mini drama/series The Clinic.

The phantom scribbler doesn't know wat  he'll learn but it will be the first proffessional set the phantom scribbler will ever have been on

The Phantom scribbler has struck again
\\\\\\\"God damn these electric sex-pants!\\\\\\\"