Modest Mouse

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, November 05, 2003, 09:13:29 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

What's your favorite Modest Mouse song?  Or have you not heard of them?  Have you?  Blah blah... This is the official modets mouse thread, i guess...just discuss them..

I love their CD Everywhere and His Nasty Parlor Tricks

mmm
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sleuth

that's just an EP

I love Modest Mouse, they're one of the best things ever

I can't pick a favorite song...maybe Lives
I like to hug dogs

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Oh it's just an EP?

I mean it has 9 songs, guess I never thought about it...

I still love it to pieces.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sleuth

from that EP, my favorite is Night on the Sun

I have that and all of their LPs.  I missed a chance to see them a while back because of work.  I hope they come back :x
I like to hug dogs

classical gas

I've only heard a few of their songs, the more major ones, i'm sure; but i like 'karma's payment' and 'polar opposites'

superdrag76

1. Life Like Weeds
2. Custom Concern
3. Trailer Trash
4. Other People's Lives
5. Teeth Like God's Shoeshine

Ravi

I have two friends who are huge Modest Mouse fans, so I've listened to their music a lot over the past two years or so.  They're a terrific band.  It is weird to hear their song in that van commercial.  You know which one I'm talking about?

Sleuth

Quote from: RaviI have two friends who are huge Modest Mouse fans, so I've listened to their music a lot over the past two years or so.  They're a terrific band.  It is weird to hear their song in that van commercial.  You know which one I'm talking about?

Yeah, Gravity Rides Everything is in some minivan commercial about moms and it was also in a beer ad about a year ago that I never heard.
I like to hug dogs

GoneSavage

I know it's a mainstream pick, but Trailer Trash is one excellent payoff.  I hope they get a great new drummer and keep going strong.

Sleuth

My friend said they were badmouthing the new drummer the last time they played here in the summer.  New CD comes out sometime in first half of 2004
I like to hug dogs

Sleuth

The new album Good News For People Who Love Bad News comes all over our collective face on March 30th.
I like to hug dogs

Film Student

saw them in concert over the summer... during interstate 8, an overzealous fan got on stage began jumping around, knocking into the band members; the bassist tried to push him off stage but the kid turned around and started shoving him, at which point Isaac (the lead singer) stopped singing, threw down his guitar, decked the kid, and threw him into the security guards.  security dragged the kid off, then brock picked up his guitar, said something like "don't fucking hit my friend or I'll kick your ass", then the band finished the song from the exact measure they had stopped on. it was funny.

best song (s): all nite diner, a different city, third planet, trailer trash, tiny cities made of ashes, teeth like god's shoeshine, and cowboy dan.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Sleuth

from the newsletter:

Plans are underway to also release a remastered/expanded
edition of The Moon and Antarctica in March -- stay
tuned for further details.
I like to hug dogs

Cerpin_Schulze

Best Album: Good News for People Who Love Bad News, This is a long drive...

Songs: Edit the Sad Parts, Bury Me With It, A Different City, Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset, Whenever You Breathe Out, I Breathe In

Film Student

Quote from: Cerpin_SchulzeBest Album: Good News for People Who Love Bad News, This is a long drive...

Songs: Edit the Sad Parts, Bury Me With It, A Different City, Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset, Whenever You Breathe Out, I Breathe In

Uh... either you're full of shit, or you somehow have access to an EXTREMELY early version of the new album, in which case I say: Send Me a Copy!!
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter