MI:3

Started by ©brad, January 10, 2003, 05:40:27 PM

©brad

I just felt bad for poor Davey, his thread was the only one with no posts.

I really have nothing to say.

So, Mission Impossible 3, should be pretty cool huh?

Gold Trumpet

Fincher will have to get very creative in at least trying to break the structure of the worn out action film that this series of films banks on so much. I put up with the first two movies but the more that come out, the more I see a need for something new so Fincher has his work cut out for him but if he is really talented (and has the power to do so), he can change this around into something new or do the predictable thing and just include his own little style into a worn out story that will be a hint darker in tone because, well, its a david fincher film.

Observe one of most creative and greatest of all directors was Buster Keaton - who made straight genre romantic comedies but had so much talent that his films went above the genre.

~rougerum

budgie

I posted this news elsewhere, but on ChuckPalahniuk.net there was a recent link to an interview with Chuck in which he said Fincher was deliberating about doing MI3, but that (major thrill) he had arranged a deal in which Chuck would write. Just has to be one of my dreams come true... Fincher directing Cruise delivering a Chuck role/dialogue! So here's hoping.

Duck Sauce

I like his darkness.

I kill time.

Pedro

Darkness may not make a film but it can defenitely help.  The mission impossible movies have fallen to the conventions of "normal" action films.  A foreboding mood or elements of black comedy that Fincher and Palahniuk could bring to screen would defenitely contribute positively to the new project.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Anonymousdarkness doesn't make a movie

I never said it did. Dont assume things on message boards, youll get shreaded up.

:wink:

Cecil

roger avary stated on his site today that hes starting to rewrite the script to finchers next film.

now is it for im3 or rama? only time will tell

bonanzataz

Loved Mission Impossible. Clever, intelligent, suspenseful.

MI:2. Nothing more than John Woo going, this is going to be damned cool.
I just pretend it has nothing to do with the first one and it's totally fine.

MI:3. I don't want it, even if Fincher's directing. The first is good enough as it is. We didn't need 2, we certainly don't need 3.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

Quote from: bonanzatazLoved Mission Impossible. Clever, intelligent, suspenseful.

MI:2. Nothing more than John Woo going, this is going to be damned cool.
I just pretend it has nothing to do with the first one and it's totally fine.

that is so exactly what i think.

QuoteMI:3. I don't want it, even if Fincher's directing. The first is good enough as it is. We didn't need 2, we certainly don't need 3.

but it might be cool if it turns out to be more similar to the first one, except with fincher-esque stylings?  i don't think tom cruise could survive in one of fincher's worlds he creates.

budgie

Quote from: sphinxi don't think tom cruise could survive in one of fincher's worlds he creates.

Not Tom Cruise as we know him, but what of the thrill of Tom Cruise as we don't yet know him? Like, Crowe and Spielberg were just rehearsing him but Fincherworld really gets to the fear in his soul? He'll be fucking invincible!

Having said that, Fincher ain't that dark. He always seems to step away with a joke at the moment of real intensity*, so maybe the Cruise shell will remain intact?

*may not be able to substantiate that, it's more a feeling

Travis Bickle

they always bring finch in on the 3's. Alien, MI....
they need to bring him in on SWep3.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Travis Bicklethey need to bring him in on SWep3.

And we learn that all along, Luke is his father.

sphinx

Quote from: budgieNot Tom Cruise as we know him, but what of the thrill of Tom Cruise as we don't yet know him? Like, Crowe and Spielberg were just rehearsing him but Fincherworld really gets to the fear in his soul? He'll be fucking invincible!

truly.  what a sight it would be to see a broken tom cruise.

budgie

Quote from: sphinxwhat a sight it would be to see a broken tom cruise.

So we could take him apart and see what he's truly made of. Just a shell or fish, blood and bone like the rest of us?

MacGuffin

In an article from Variety on Tom Cruise's production company, C/W Productions, the trade mentions that Cruise is expected to shoot Mission: Impossible 3 next for Paramount with David Fincher directing a script from Robert Towne.

C/W Productions has been involved in such films as Narc and The Others and the company has 20 more films in development.

Upcoming releases with C/W production credits include the tale of a fallen journalist (Lions Gate's Shattered Glass), a serial killer thriller for Paramount (Suspect Zero), a historical epic (The Last Samurai) and "M:I-3".

Of the 20 C/W projects in development, about a dozen are potential Cruise vehicles.

The more intriguing, not necessarily including Cruise, are: The Light at the End of the Chunnel, about Middle Eastern immigrants trying to sneak into England; a remake of War of the Worlds; Carter Beats the Devil, about a 1920s magician; 17 Stone Angels, a mystery set in Argentina; and Bondswoman's Narrative, based on the first known novel authored by a female fugitive slave.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks