Panic Room

Started by Xixax, January 12, 2003, 08:39:29 PM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cbrad4dwhere i come from 'crap' is a derogatory term.

You may have forgotten, but over here in America the term "shit" can be used mean something is good or bad.

"What a mess, move all that shit back onto the truck"

"I got hella good shit from Toys R Us"

BTW I did not like Panic Room or a lot of the shots, but I respect them.

©brad

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: cbrad4dwhere i come from 'crap' is a derogatory term.

You may have forgotten, but over here in America the term "shit" can be used mean something is good or bad.

"What a mess, move all that shit back onto the truck"

"I got hella good shit from Toys R Us"

BTW I did not like Panic Room or a lot of the shots, but I respect them.

Step 1: Put these on.

Re-read the last couple of threads. We were talking about the word "crap". That's c-r-a-p. Crap.

Duck Sauce

Picky picky, I was just pointing out how something that is considered to be derogatory like "crap" or "shit" can also be used different ways. In this instance, "crap" and "shit" can be used interchangeably. Now relax.

snaporaz

cbrad4d, cut the fucking big-sister act and stop being such a condescending, anal-retentive prude.

©brad

Quote from: snaporazcbrad4d, cut the fucking big-sister act and stop being such a condescending, anal-retentive prude.

Quote from: newtronLOL.

It's funny cos you don't matter.

Ghostboy

I love digging up old threads and restoring them to their original topic.

From Avary's Domain:

"The "Panic Room" SE DVD is going to be awesome!  I was hanging with Fincher today, and watched some of the supplementary section materials on his ultra-über-Hitchcockian pre-visualization work that simply made my mouth go agape.  When I expressed disbelief that he had essentially pre-vis'd the entire movie (mapping out to the inch where dolly track was to be laid), he smiled with that devilish grin of his and smirked out "I know."  It's going to be one to own -- for sure"

cowboykurtis

Quote from: GhostboyI love digging up old threads and restoring them to their original topic.

From Avary's Domain:

"The "Panic Room" SE DVD is going to be awesome!  I was hanging with Fincher today, and watched some of the supplementary section materials on his ultra-über-Hitchcockian pre-visualization work that simply made my mouth go agape.  When I expressed disbelief that he had essentially pre-vis'd the entire movie (mapping out to the inch where dolly track was to be laid), he smiled with that devilish grin of his and smirked out "I know."  It's going to be one to own -- for sure"

nice. i really enjoyed this film. fincher is by far one of the greatest modern directors working, period. do you know a release date on this bad boy? i held off on the original dvd, hoping for a SE -- it has come...
...your excuses are your own...

Duck Sauce

Although I didnt really love Panic Room, ill rent the SE to see the features, but they better be interesting and I better learn something I can later repeat on this message board. What did Fincher say was nexT?

Keener

I saw it before I was a real movie guy and didn't know it was the same director whom brought us Se7en and hadn't even seen Fight Club at the time. I enjoyed it for what it was and still enjoy it to this day after seeing Fight Club and knowing and loving Fincher. I can see where people were dissapointed but in terms of a simple popcorn movie it was good.

The CGI did seem a bit unnecesary, though. It was kinda like "let me show you what we can do with 'puters !"
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Spike

Yesterday I saw "Panic Room" for the first time and it was really awesome, I think!
I LOVED "Se7en" and "Fight Club" (haven't seen "Alien 3" and "The Game" yet) but I really wasn't dissapointed.
There was great suspense, the cinematography was amazing and the acting good. I think it was really a typical Fincher-flick. It was almost all the time raining and the whole feeling was dark. The CG-cinematography-scenes were exciting, but I felt a bit that some scenes with this were not necessary (the move into the flashlight), although it looks awesome.
Can't wait to get the Special-Edition-DVD.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

tpfkabi

this film felt very Hitchcockian......especially the first where we're getting a tour of where all the action will be

i really loved that rotating shot - the one that is on the cover

i thought Jared Leto was really annoying, pretty much all the crook banter was lame imho

so i say: a modern day HItchockian thriller with visual style....but lacking in interesting dialogue

i've forgotten, what happens after the "money in the wind" shot?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SHAFTR

is this going to receive a SE dvd...or do I give in and get the superbit?  I've been holding out this long.

Mac?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

socketlevel

he's all style no substance.  his last good movies were the game and seven.  fight club was over rated.
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

Quote from: SHAFTRis this going to receive a SE dvd...or do I give in and get the superbit?  I've been holding out this long.

Mac?

There was talk of one when the Superbit DVD came out (as was an "Adaptation" SE), but haven't heard of any news if it's still in the works or not. Columbia has dropped the price on the Superbit edition to $15 anyway.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SHAFTRis this going to receive a SE dvd...or do I give in and get the superbit?  I've been holding out this long.

Mac?

There was talk of one when the Superbit DVD came out (as was an "Adaptation" SE), but haven't heard of any news if it's still in the works or not. Columbia has dropped the price on the Superbit edition to $15 anyway.

Yes, same with the Adapatation dvd....patiently waiting.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"