A Guns 'n' f$!@ing Roses thread

Started by jtm, December 09, 2003, 09:48:30 PM

jtm

no topic for one of the greatest rock bands in the last 20 years?  they were a hugh part of my life in my early teen days when i started fucking around with the guitar, but for some reason these days i'm afraid to admit it.  i think they were unfairly lumped in with the hair bands of the day.

did you love em or hate em?!.......... long live G'n'F'n'R's!!!

SHAFTR

I don't consider them that great b/c they only really had one good/great album.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Isn't Axel Rose the prototypical homicidal urban redneck? I can't get over that.

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

jtm

well fine then.  i'll go listen to blink 182 and sit in the corner.

Pedro

Quote from: godardianGuns 'n Roses...

:yabbse-thumbdown:
yeaah...i think the same of AC/DC

jtm

yeah, AC/DC's my least fav band next to Kiss.

Pedro

Quote from: jtmyeah, AC/DC's my least fav band next to Kiss.
:yabbse-thumbup:

jtm

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

jtm

Sigur Rós

Yeah, I 've gotten to like them more and more. When I was smaller I was really more into metallica but now I definately prefere Tha Guns.

phil marlowe

lame lame people

guns n roses is awesome, they made me the man i am

ac/dc is even awesomer

and that makes me pretty awesome too

Raikus

I think GnR fandom equates to this equation:

Under 20=GnR Suck!

Over 20=GnR Rule!
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

godardian

Quote from: RaikusI think GnR fandom equates to this equation:

Under 20=GnR Suck!

Over 20=GnR Rule!

I'm over 20, and I think they suck. And always have. Never liked one song, never thought they were remotely interesting.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.