Phil Spector arrested

Started by MacGuffin, February 03, 2003, 01:49:02 PM

MacGuffin

Music Legend Arrested In Connection With Homicide

LOS ANGELES -- Music industry veteran Phil Spector was reportedly arrested Monday morning in connection with a local shooting, according to authorities.

Shortly after 5 a.m. Monday morning, Alhambra police officers responded to a call from the 1700 block of S. Grandview Drive (pictured, below) regarding a shooting, according to the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.

When the officers arrived they discovered that a female had been shot inside the location, according to authorities. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.

The suspect, identified by authorities as Phillip Spector, 62, was taken into custody and is currently being detained at the Alhambra police station.

Spector created the "Wall of Sound" effect that involved overdubbing scores of musicians to create a massive roar, which changed the way pop records were produced.

Among his session players, known as the "Wrecking Crew," were guitarist Glen Campbell, pianist Leon Russell, drummer Hal Blaine and the late Sonny Bono, who learned the producer's trade under Spector.

Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989, Spector produced records for the Beatles, the Righteous Brothers, the Crystals and Darlene Love.

Spector produced a string of '60s hits, including the Crystals' "Da Doo Run Run" and "Then He Kissed Me," the Ronettes' "Be My Baby" and "Walking in the Rain," and Love's "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" and "(Today I Met) The Boy I'm Gonna Marry."

Spector married Ronnie Bennett, a member of the girl group the Ronettes. They divorced in 1974. He has five children.

Spector's father, Benjamin, committed suicide in 1949. Spector later visited the grave and used the inscription "To Know Him Was to Love Him" as the basis for a hit song.

Spector's last major album was "End of the Century," a 1980 collaboration with the Ramones. During the session, the late bassist Dee Dee Ramone said Spector pulled a gun on the band.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Satcho9

This is going to make the Cameron Crowe biopic starring Tom Cruise a little more interesting..

RegularKarate

yeah... why is IMDB reporting that?  I mean it's news, but it's not really MOVIE news.

Also, what's up with IMDB and popups lately... that site's goin' to hell.

bonanzataz

SHIT! I'm a big spector fan, this is saddening.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

Quote from: RegularKarateyeah... why is IMDB reporting that?  I mean it's news, but it's not really MOVIE news.

Also, what's up with IMDB and popups lately... that site's goin' to hell.

Further proof the site is going to hell...

Fonda Withdraws Harvard Grant

Movie star Jane Fonda has taken back a $12.5 million grant she gave to top American university Harvard after learning the Ivy League school is struggling to appoint staff for vacant head teacher positions. Fonda will withhold the balance of her donation, roughly half of that needed for a new research center. The unused portion of her initial contribution will also be returned to her. The Boston Globe claims the actress was frustrated with the university's handling of her 2001 bequest - the largest single gift in the graduate school's 83- year history. Fonda is reportedly angry after hearing Harvard authorities have failed to appoint a head to the new research center.

Just click on the Ivy League link if you're confused.[/url]
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sigur Rós

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

jtm