The Office

Started by Redlum, September 19, 2003, 11:46:50 AM

Gamblour.

That sounds like a wet dream.
WWPTAD?

pete

I'm a bit late, but I laughed soooo hard at the podcast.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bethie

Quote from: ®edlum on December 06, 2005, 06:21:37 PM
I don't think this has been posted yet... Gervais is doing a series where he meets his heroes. In the can already is an hour long episode where he meets Larry David. I think its being broadcast soon after christmas.

what gamblour said. 

:shock:
who likes movies anyway

Quote from: modage on December 06, 2005, 03:03:02 PM
 it was pretty hilarious.  i cant believe that Karl Pilkington is actually that dumb, it seems more like a guy playing a character.

yeah it was awesome. i love that attitude, making fun of complete idiots is the way to go. i want to be like gervais now, minus the laugh.
context, context, context.

grand theft sparrow

Karl Pilkington is a revelation.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

it's ok, you're british. you're allowed to hate him.

hedwig

Quote from: Garam on December 17, 2005, 06:56:18 PMI'm starting to think some of the stuff he says is actually how he feels, and he's just funneling it through a fictional character.

go read a few Gervais interviews and you'll see this isn't true.

pete

but the office really had a heart.  if we draw a kinda simpsons first season parallel, Gervais was Homer but there was a Bart who was the actual hero that you could root for and share his heartbreak with.  They didn't have that in any of the other mockumentaries.  And the Christmas special just made me feel so good, it was really uplifting and it was just good storytelling, aside from being funny.
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: Garam on December 17, 2005, 07:51:49 PM
Anyway, there'll probably be a 'Gervais meets Christopher Guest' show, which would be good.

are u sure that wouldn't be a movie?
under the paving stones.

pete

anyone heard the latest one yet?  It was good but it felt short.  I don't think I can ever get tired of Kal.  I like how Ricky and Steve egg him on but I don't like how Ricky kept on pointing out the obvious--like Kal is dumb/ crazy.
- Buster Keaton

JG

Last night's Office was my favorite one.  Dwight vomiting on the car, Steve Carrell's character telling the black co-worker that he's sure he's "had his fair of troubles, too."  i use to not care for this show but I still watched it cause it was after My Name is Earl.  But man it's pretty good sometimes.   anyone catch it last night?

modage

yeah, i thought the puking was the best part.  the thing that is bugging me a little bit though is that it's called The Office and lately they're doing ANYTHING they can do to get them out of the office.  or make it some sort of event day, 'hey its bring in someone else' day.  hardly any episodes where its just a day at work focusing on the minutae.  always big comedy moments, 'the office gang goes to a restaurant!' 'goes to jims party!' 'goes to the hospital!'  i watch, and its good but it could be better.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

This recent one was one of the best so far.

I have no problem with them leaving the Office all the time, it fits perfectly with Carell's character (who has completely left almost any trace of Gervais' character behind) and his problems with always wanting to shake things up.  He never wants a normal day in the office.