Official Futurama Thread - Futurama back in '08 -RK has 2 years to afford cable

Started by ©brad, August 11, 2003, 04:12:20 PM

I Love a Magician

Quote from: polkablues on December 13, 2006, 05:44:25 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on December 13, 2006, 08:34:27 AM
but mostly i want to know more about Seymour.. i loved that little guy.

The end of the "Jurassic Bark" episode was literally the only time a TV show has ever made me cry.  Even just thinking about that ending now, I get a little choked up.

what about that episode of the fresh prince when will's dad comes back

that tears me apart

boom here it is

Pubrick

top 5 surprisingly touching futurama endings:

1  Jurassic Bark

2  Luck of the Fryish

3  Leela's Homeworld

4  Time Keeps on Slipping

5  The Sting

Quote from: I Love a Magician on December 14, 2006, 02:00:22 AM

that tears me apart

boom here it is
that's the bomb diggity.
under the paving stones.

picolas

matt35mm

All of those and (I'm sorry, I don't know how to make screen caps for TV shows) the episode where Fry becomes brilliant via ringworms in his stomach, and gains Leela's affections.  After he loses the worms, when he starts to re-learn the instrument he was playing...

Well, I found that touching.

And Leela's Homeworld was the one that got to me the most.  I would have full-on cried if I could have (botched facelift).

RegularKarate

Quote from: I Love a Magician on December 14, 2006, 02:00:22 AM

that tears me apart

boom here it is

I'm at work and just watched that during my lunch break and when I took off the headphones, I turn around and this woman that works with me just goes "that's my favorite scene, I cry every time" and she was, in fact, crying.

She couldn't even hear it.

sorry for jumping on the bandwagon but i saw it today for the first time and i ended up in tears. sorry
context, context, context.

Ravi

Chest Rockwell

I've seen all of those except "Jurassic Park," and I totally agree with the other four. Futurama's the only show on TV now that gets to me.

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on December 14, 2006, 05:07:52 PM
I've seen all of those except "Jurassic Park," and I totally agree with the other four. Futurama's the only show on TV now that gets to me.

jurassic bark
context, context, context.

picolas

MacGuffin

The Future for Futurama
Matt Groening explains how you'll be seeing new Futurama adventures both on DVD and on TV.

After the recent TCA panel on The Simpsons, IGN was present as Matt Groening was asked several questions about the upcoming return of his other series, Futurama. Groening explained how Futurama's revival came about thanks to, "A great run on the Cartoon Network in reruns." He also added that, "The DVDs sold really well, and we followed the model of Family Guy, which was also cancelled by FOX, and then the DVDs sold so well, they brought it back."

Originally, the first rumors on Futurama coming back in some form were regarding straight to DVD movies. Word then came that Comedy Central would be airing brand new episodes of the show, but Groening clarified that both of these things are actually correct. Recalling what lead to the return of the show, Groening said, "[20th Century] Fox came to [fellow executive producer] David X. Cohen and myself and said, 'Why don't you do a Futurama movie, straight to DVD? And we said, 'Well, why not two movies?' And they said, 'Why not three movies?' And we said, 'Okay. Why not four?' They said, 'Okay. That's enough!'"

Groening then elaborated that, "We're doing four movies. Four straight to DVD movies. And then we're gonna reconfigure those and re-edit them and expand upon them and turn them into 16 episodes, that are gonna be on Comedy Central." Groening stressed that there would be some notable differences in the versions of Futurama that air on Comedy Central versus the DVD releases. "Re-edited is a modest way of saying it," Groening observed. "We can't just chop it up, because they have to be self-contained episodes. They won't be exactly the same [content]. We're re-editing and adding material."

Asked if the four DVDs will come out at the same time the episodes air, Groening replied, "I'm not sure exactly what the schedule is. I'm not sure. I think the first DVD comes out at the end of 2007, for the Christmas season. And the show will begin at the beginning of 2008."

As to whether reassembling his old collaborators on the show was difficult, Groening said, "No, everybody had such a good time on Futurama, that we got everyone back. The entire cast. The same animation house, Rough Draft. The same writers. And it's really been fun."

We asked Groening if FOX would possibly consider putting Futurama back on their network. "What a good idea! Maybe, maybe. I hope so. That'd be great," he replied, before adding, "By the way, that's me saying maybe. That's not them!"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: Matt Groening
"We followed the model of Family Guy..."
mmm... out of context goodness.  pubrick, a rebuttal?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on February 06, 2007, 03:26:28 PM
Quote from: Matt Groening
"We followed the model of Family Guy..."
mmm... out of context goodness.  pubrick, a rebuttal?

matt groening can eat a dick. all he's good at is making characters and making money. he obviously admires FG for the latter.
under the paving stones.

picolas

Quote from: Pubrick on February 06, 2007, 05:15:10 PM
matt groening can eat a dick. all he's good at is making characters and making money.
and life in hell.

i really dislike this idea of movies + recut with added material episodes. it makes the movies kind of obsolete.