Aronofsky (was going) to direct episode of Lost (but plans fell through)

Started by cowboykurtis, November 01, 2005, 07:16:50 PM

modage

Quote from: Hedwig on May 09, 2006, 10:27:21 PM
edison's first post in this thread rendered this thread obsolete anyway. unless you change the title to Aronofsky (was going) to direct episode of Lost (but plans fell through).
well, not really.  from above linked article...

Fans of both the hit TV show Lost (which features a guy haunted by a sinister sequence of numbers) and indie filmmaker Darren Aronofsky (whose breakthrough film, Pi, was about a dude obsessed with devilish digits) will have to wait a bit longer to see if these two geek tastes can taste great together. The director has respectfully bowed out of helming one of the current season's remaining episodes due to scheduling conflicts. "The timing didn't work out," Aronofsky tells us. "I'm expecting a child." (The mom-to-be, of course, is Oscar nominee Rachel Weisz.)

There are still hopes, however, that Aronofsky -- a big fan of the show -- will be able to direct an episode next season.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

From the new EW...

Darren Aronofsky says, "I'm a huge fan [of Lost]," who was slated to direct an episode last season before bowing out for personal reasons.  "I really wanted to do it, and hope I still can."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Just try not to knock up Rachel Weisz again and you should be good to go.
My house, my rules, my coffee