Gaspar Noé's LOVE 3D -- NSFW, promise you

Started by jenkins, April 27, 2015, 03:11:01 PM

jenkins

"What was it that Douglas Sirk said to Fassbinder -- to make a good melodrama you need sperm, blood and tears. These are in this film."

+

selected quotes from matthew barney and gasper noé conversation

QuoteMatthew Barney I'm curious about what you've been doing since Enter the Void. What are you up to right now?

Gaspar Noé I've been slowly preparing my next movie, which is a very sentimental erotic film. So I'm meeting kids—girls and boys—and I will continue for quite some time. In the end it will be a very, very naturalistic love story, even if the style is not going to be naturalistic. It will be a love story seen from a sexual point of view.

MB Is it a coming-of-age story? How young are the kids?

GN No, I get bored by coming-of-age stories because they make a big deal out of something that is finally not so big. Mostly, the real passion comes after that, when boys and girls are nineteen or twenty and want to try everything and get lost in all the temptations.

MB Is it a New York-based story?

GN No, it's based in Paris. But the main character is going to be an American, Canadian, or British film student, so I can see the story from his point of view and then add a voice-over in English to the character. It will be a kind of international movie but shot in France.

QuoteMB Exactly. I'm thinking now again about Enter the Void and how there's a level of artificiality in that film—the aerial perspectives over the city, for example, or the sex scene where the people's genitals are lit up, glowing with phosphorescent light. There's an artifice in that film that is so different from Irreversible, and I'm curious if your next project is heading deeper into that direction.

GN It is going to be very artificial but in more of a Godardian direction. It's going to contain a lot of words—maybe because my last film was very visual. The next one is also going to be almost silent as its scenes are being filmed, but during the editing I will add a lot of text-over and voice-over. It's going to be a more brainiac exercise, I guess.

gotta get more facts about this movie because only today did i learn it's 3d. who shot it?? i have questions. there will be articles after cannes

BB

Benoit Debie, so says IMDB. Which makes sense.

Also: awesome conversation.

wilder

Alchemy Confirms Gaspar Noé's 'Love' Deal – Cannes
via Deadline

Alchemy has confirmed yesterday's news that it acquired U.S. rights to Gaspar Noé's latest, Love. The sexual melodrama has a Midnight Screening berth here in Cannes on Wednesday. In 3D, it stars Karl Glusman, Aomi Muyock and Klara Kristin. Noé is best known to worldwide audiences for 2002's controversial Irreversible; he was last in Cannes in 2012 with Un Certain Regard omnibus 7 Days In Havana.

Love's story follows a man over the course of a long rainy day as he reminisces about the greatest love affair of his life; a burning passion full of promises, games, excesses and mistakes. It's alternately been billed as a love story about a boy and a girl and another girl that celebrates sex in a joyous way. Alchemy's Jeff Deutchman, brokered the deal with Carole Baraton of Wild Bunch and CAA.

do not show that trailer to your girlfriend under any circumstance!

Tictacbk

Lottery

im totally gonna start calling him julio murphy

jenkins

his director's note is so far my favorite film of the year

The Ultimate Badass

That's quite a statement, and if if anyone can deliver on such a statement it's Gasper Noe. I'm so eagerly looking forward to this one.

Quote from: The Ultimate Badass on May 24, 2015, 12:29:54 AM
That's quite a statement, and if if anyone can deliver on such a statement itsJulio Murphy. I'm so eagerly looking forward to this one.

Jeremy Blackman

It would be interesting to compare the on-set experience of Love vs. Blue Is the Warmest Color. The actresses seem to have a lot of genuine affection for Noe:

Also I didn't realize he was so silly.

Cloudy

so, i wish i could tell a great story about the midnight premiere of LOVE at Cannes just because I know everyone here has to be interested in this... about how it's undeniably my favorite of his films... how it's still trying to rummage itself to fit somewhere in my mind ()... all i can say is that at around 3:30am after the screening Gaspar Noe with his yellow jacket lead an intimate caravan of anyone wide-awake after the screening along with the entire cast/crew through the empty streets of Cannes, obviously leading to a welcoming night-club where he met up with his mother and father with kisses who were reaching the tail end of their 80s... It hadn't rained for both weeks of the festival, but around this particular moment the first drops began to fall... and three hours later I was on a rainy train ride back to Paris on a flight back to california...haunted and elated as hell by this movie.

I'm still not sure how the film is gonna hold up in any other setting than the way I saw it, with Gaspar Noe sitting literally 8 seats to my right (you'll understand why this is even more poignant once you see the movie), and Benoit Debie (again) 2 seats beside me, Benicio Del toro a few rows behind them-- with every entitled movie-land person in the audience wearing these ridiculous electric red 3d glasses in the middle of the night, on basically the greatest digital projection there is... at the Cannes Grand Lumiere...

wheeww shit, okay yeah i tried

wilder