Which magazines do you subscribe to?

Started by Stefen, March 17, 2004, 07:42:50 PM

picolas

Quote from: Cinephile
Good Lord. Who needs firewood when you've got magazine subscriptions?
them.

Kal

I need to be updated on everything thats going on in music, tv, movies, etc... for my work... if I dont read all that I feel like Im missing something... plus all those magazines feature hot chicks and interesting stuff to read... and as I travel a lot its one of the things I do on the plane when I dont get inspiration to write :)

Pas

Quote from: andykPremiere
Moviemaker
Wired News
Entertainment Weekly
Blender
Maxim
FHM
Business 2.0
Variety Weekly
Billboard
Good Lord. Who needs firewood when you've got magazine subscriptions?

Oh, liars and stuff

SoNowThen

American Cinematographer

(we tried to get Weekly Variety, but they won't ship to Canadian addresses apparently)
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Quote from: andykI need to be updated on everything thats going on in music, tv, movies, etc... for my work... if I dont read all that I feel like Im missing something... plus all those magazines feature hot chicks and interesting stuff to read... and as I travel a lot its one of the things I do on the plane when I dont get inspiration to write :)
I read that a few times and the most insincere part was telling me you needed them for your work.

Anyway this must be the most boring magazine in the history of magazines. Unless anyone wants to rival it? http://www.concrete.org.uk/concrete_mag.htm

Fernando

Quote from: andykI need to be updated on everything thats going on in music, tv, movies, etc... for my work...

Do you need uptades on your favourite tv show or movie?
Dont' wait them to be printed!!! Look for MacUpdates daily at xixax.com, fastest newsman on the net.

Kal

I read that a few times and the most insincere part was telling me you needed them for your work.

what can I say... its true... some of us really work... and by work I dont mean read/post XIXAX all day  8)

pete

Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: andykI need to be updated on everything thats going on in music, tv, movies, etc... for my work...

Do you need uptades on your favourite tv show or movie?
Dont' wait them to be printed!!! Look for MacUpdates daily at xixax.com, fastest newsman on the net.

fastest newsman in the sack too!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

godardian

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: godardianMe, too (they even published one of my letters to the editor!).

Highly impressed! There is some high quality writing in that magazine.  Which issue was your letter in????

It was in response to the "Royalty" issue and was published in the issue late last year with Annie Liebovitz's parade of hot music stars on the cover... see if you can guess which letter is mine!!  :)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Thrindle

Quote from: godardianIt was in response to the "Royalty" issue and was published in the issue late last year with Annie Liebovitz's parade of hot music stars on the cover... see if you can guess which letter is mine!!  :)

I have a sick feeling that I won't have that issue... I think it was during the time when I was really broke... I'm always broke cuz I'm a student - but I was really broke then.  I'm GONNA LOOK THOUGH!!!
Classic.

cine

Quote from: andyk

what can I say... its true... some of us really work... and by work I dont mean read/post XIXAX all day  8)
Must really work with all those 'hot chicks'...  8)

Kal

I do  :twisted:

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I do  :twisted:

Yeah he works them, didn't you see his magazine subscription?

There's quite a few hot chicks in Ads...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Kal

Pas Raport? I saw you have me in your signature now... I'm flattered... but do you honestly believe I would make it up and brag over something so stupid like Magazine subscriptions? You dont need to be elite to get them you know... they just cost about 20 bucks a year each and you can get them right at your home too :)

Kal

Man I subscribed to The Hollywood Reporter... which I consider a piece of crap compared to Variety... but they're sending me the daily version directly to my email... as the fucking print arrives like a week later to Miami...

Anyways if anyone ever needs it let me know!