pta says hi to xixax.com (rochester recap)

Started by md, June 30, 2003, 11:13:58 PM

Ernie

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
Quote from: ebeamanMy heart can only take so much, I'm fat.

*Dies laughing*

That is, by definition, a wtf sentence.

~rougerum

Lol, seriously though man...wait till I scan my picture w/ him..you'll see, I'll do it as soon as they get developed.

Ghostboy

Ebeamann, a steady diet of coffee and cigarettes will help you approach PTA-like girth!

aurora

You Americans make me so jealous.

I'm in Australia and I'll never get a chance to meet PTA :(

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeaman

*Dies laughing*

~rougerum

Lol, seriously though man...wait till I scan my picture w/ him..you'll see, I'll do it as soon as they get developed.

Scan this picture. I want to see what you're bitchin' about when we are about the same height and weight and I don't at all consider myself 'fat'.

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: MacGuffin6', 185 lbs.

Quote from: ebeaman69I'm probably around 180, give or take 5 lbs. I'm probably pretty close to 6 feet by now...not sure.

Quote from: ebeaman69I know I'm overweight for my age and height

:yabbse-angry:  No, you're not.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lance

i was there. The kid in the 2nd row with a red shirt.

Ernie

Quote from: ebeaman

*Dies laughing*

~rougerum

Scan this picture. I want to see what you're bitchin' about when we are about the same height and weight and I don't at all consider myself 'fat'.

Well, I was actually 180 September of last year when I got my physical...so really I must have gained AT LEAST 15 pounds, if not more. And I have no idea what my height is, I was totally guessing. I'll have to figure that out too.

But I'll just scan the picture...we're going to get them developed tommorow and the mystery of ebeaman will be solved.

One thing from the Q&A that I think both md and eward didn't mention before: PTA said he wanted PDL to be his Being There...this film by Hal Ashby...he said it when somebody asked him why he had Leslie Jones edit it...not sure why cause she didn't edit Being There, guess she has a similar style or something. Either way, I really want to see Being There now. He also mentioned a this movie called Five Corners as one of the films that changed the way he looked at film when he was 17 too if that's important to you.

EDIT - Sorry Lance, the whole nights a blur man...can't say I remember seeing you. Did you get to meet him?

Alethia

anybody see a big kid in shorts and a white button down in the back against the wall - cuz that was me!!!!!!

BTW - does anybody know who the kid who asked for a high five was?

Lance

i cut through all the people and just said "hey paul, just wanted to shake your hand, great film, have a good night." We shook hands, he   said "thanks buddy". This was right after someone had asked him to say hi into a tape recorder for a friend. Paul was weirded out. He looked like he wanted to go home, just tired. Another kid approached him with a hard eight dvd to sign. The case was open and paul asked asked if he wanted the sginiture on the cd, the kid was kind of an A-hole. said "Nah man, i gotta be able to watch it" paul said in this tired voice, reminded me of barry slightly, "you can still watch it". It didn't seem like he wants that kind of publicity, or he was just tired.

The kid that got the high five was in my row.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

I just got a Xixax account to remind everybody of what I thought was the best moment of the night.
Out of the many assholes repeating questions they must have read before and prepared so they could sound smart and individual (which they did NOOOOOT), one guy asked "I noted a Jaques Tati in some of the coreography of Adam Sandler's character." Tati influence? No, reeeeally?!?!

To which PTA responded by saying he never forced Adam Sandler to watch any Tati films or anything, but Sandler would do alot of things like Tati. And PTA would tell him, and he would respond a few minutes later by saying [PTA doing the best Sandler I ever heard]: "yeah, I had no idea who that guy is"

Not verbatim, but out of all the funny things PTA said, that one keeps popping up in my mind.

Cecil

Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionwhich they did NOOOOOT

are you canadian?

BrainSushi

Quote from: jokerspath
Quote from: BrainSushiBTW, check out my bitchin' avatar.

It's a red x on my computer.

Just makes it that much more obscure!

Yes, it does, doesn't it? I hope it's not showing up as a little red x on everybody's computer... it took time to make because I had to get used to photoshop.

chainsmoking insomniac

That avatar kicks ASS!  Long live Homestar Runner and Barry Egan!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

BrainSushi

Quote from: punchdrunk23That avatar kicks ASS!  Long live Homestar Runner and Barry Egan!

Hooray! Somebody can see it! Yes long live Homestar! Long live Barry! Long live the never-ending pudding!

Lance

i remember Paul impersonating adam, "yeah pta, you know those tati movies, yeah i saw them, there good, there good."

Vile5

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... i'm much more jealous than yesterday!!!! because i know i will never have the opportunity to meet  PTA!!  
:(
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí