Demetri Martin

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, August 02, 2004, 10:36:11 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I usually saw him on random comedy things but always missed his name, and finally today I saw it.

Has anyone heard this guy?  He's got some really funny stuff.

"One time, I went to a public bathroom, and I noticed that 'Metallica Rocks' was written on the wall.  Under it was somethign that said 'Metallica sucks.'  Under that said 'You suck.' Under that said 'Screw You.'  And then I thought to myself, too many people carry pens with them when they go to take a crap."
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

But he's not overdone or unfunny...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sleuth

I got your back warus
I like to hug dogs

cine

Bethie

What about the one where he's like, 'I want to take a vacation to the beach and bury metal objects that say, "Get a life" on them' hahah

He's coooool. I've known about him for a couple years now, but have only caught him on Comedy Central. I've seen the same show a few times. So that's all I know.
who likes movies anyway

Sleuth

He writes and performs on Conan now.  Also he does standup on there from time to time.
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

He was supposed to perform on Conan once, but Brad Pitt and Janet Jackson took up too much time.

Sleuth

I'm pretty sure they knew that would happen.  Having him as a 3rd guest was just safety
I like to hug dogs

Bethie

You all should let me know when this kids going to be on Conan again.

So I can watch and enjoy. yay
who likes movies anyway

cine

Never, if I have anything to say about it.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas