The simpsons vrs other cartoons (official simpsons thread)

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, May 18, 2003, 08:07:36 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: MacGuffinThey preceeded the jab at South Park with one about The Simpsons themselves.

Millhouse and Bart are watching South Park:

M: "I hear they really have adults doing the kids voices."

B: "I don't care. I just wanna know how they keep it fresh after so many episodes."

yeah i thought about that

but then they went and made south park look like pure stupid shit

godardian

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan

yeah i thought about that

but then they went and made south park look like pure stupid shit[/quote]

I thought they just exaggerated its absurdist/celebrity-centered humor a little bit.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

my take was they made south park look like it is just about fart jokes

since none of us were there when the episode was written it will have to be left up to interpatation

Recce

I don't know why everyones getting pissed at 'The Simpsons' cause they take shots at other shows. Its part of the industry. It's funny and, I beleive, that's the point. It's like when the Simpsons take shots at Fox. They don't mean anything by it and its funny.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Quote from: RecceI don't know why everyones getting pissed at 'The Simpsons' cause they take shots at other shows. Its part of the industry. It's funny and, I beleive, that's the point. It's like when the Simpsons take shots at Fox. They don't mean anything by it and its funny.

the fox jokes are great

and they work

the ripping on other cartoons just comes across as them being petty

Duck Sauce

I know Pubrick will kill me for this, but I think the simpsons has gotten worse. They have stepped to far out of their own world and gotten away from plot and stories. I like King of the Hill best now, and I hate South Park.

Kev Hoffman

Quote from: RecceI don't know why everyones getting pissed at 'The Simpsons' cause they take shots at other shows. Its part of the industry. It's funny and, I beleive, that's the point. It's like when the Simpsons take shots at Fox. They don't mean anything by it and its funny.

It's like "jabbing" at your friend when you know he/she is standing right next to you.  It's all in good fun.

The Simpsons have been lacking in quality in the last few years, yes, but I don't think they're half as bad as alot of other shows on Network Television, which consists now of 90% "Reality" TV.

The Silver Bullet

Quotethe ripping on other cartoons just comes across as them being petty
You too are coming across as being petty. Quite.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pubrick

Quote from: The Silver BulletYou too are coming across as being petty. Quite.
i concur.

king of the hill isn't funny enuff, i'd watch it if i felt like seeing sumthing with a "moral". south park isn't shocking anymore, but it's still funny.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

I think Kill of the Hill is hilarious, but I could see how someone who doesn't live anywhere NEAR Texas wouldn't find it so.

If you really get a feel for the show, you understand that it's kind of making fun of morals.

and that second episode of the Simpsons last night was funny.

©brad

i missed it yet again b/c of work. i have a hard time finding friends/family to tape it for me b/c no one has VCRs anymroe. so yeah, i missed it. it sucks. i also would have loved to seen some of those parodies of the other shows.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: RegularKarateI think Kill of the Hill is hilarious, but I could see how someone who doesn't live anywhere NEAR Texas wouldn't find it so.

I like how he says Vidya Games

Quote from: RegularKarateI think Kill of the Hill is hilarious, but I could see how someone who doesn't live anywhere NEAR Texas wouldn't find it so.

If you really get a feel for the show, you understand that it's kind of making fun of morals.

uhh i think you missed the point, i can see you looking at this show and goofing on it and thinking it is ironic

when it is very stright forward

they are not making fun of hank for his conservative views, they are celerbrating them and thats why the show is so great

godardian

I really like King of the Hill, too. I've never lived in Texas, but my dad is still sort of like Hank in a lot of ways. I think Hank is hilarious and I sympathize with him, too; he needs order and has arranged his life so that order is not disrupted, but it's very tenuous and he's constantly horrified by the real, outside world sneaking up on him. It's perfect that he has a free-spirited son and a wife who's more than convinced of her intellectual superiority. I actually think all the characters can be really hysterical at times. It's a comedy of vanity in so many ways; the people who think they've got everything down pat and figured out, whether it's Hank or Bobby's overzealously eco-friendly junior high school teacher, get ribbed for it. I find myself laughing at it very frequently.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

RegularKarate

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan

uhh i think you missed the point, i can see you looking at this show and goofing on it and thinking it is ironic

when it is very stright forward

they are not making fun of hank for his conservative views, they are celerbrating them and thats why the show is so great

Well, maybe I didn't make myself clear... and they're not necessarily celebrating Hank's conservative views... they're just showing how he has to adapt them in the modern world, raising Bobby.

It evens out really... it shows both sides of it...

They really do make fun of conservative ideals though... that's for sure... they just don't lay off the liberal end either.