He looks like a middle aged woman on that picture

mogwai

Quote from: Pas RapportHe looks like a middle aged woman on that picture
his lawyer is a blurry looking fella.

Pas

Quote from: mogwai
his lawyer is a blurry looking fella.

I know ! He looks like that woman who plays with John Travolta in that movie where babies and dogs think loudly. Kirstie Alley or something like that. That's not even true.

RegularKarate

Creepily enough, he looks like my mother

modage

STRIPES ALBUM FINISHED
Source: NME

WHITE STRIPES have finished recording their new album inside two weeks – and it could be released in time for GLASTONBURY.

The duo have been at Jack White’s Detroit home working on songs for the follow-up to ‘Elephant’. Much like the recording of their classic fourth album, which was done in ten days at Toe Rag studios in London, recording of the as-yet-untitled new longplayer came quickly, with the pair recording on average a song a day.

Speaking in the middle of last week, a friend of Jack White’s told NME.COM: “They only started about a week and a half ago and they were aiming to finish the recording on Friday (March 18 ). There’s still things to do though, like mixing and mastering. They’re working at their usual pace, but to finish an album in this time is impressive nonetheless.”

Speaking recently, singer Jack White predicted that although they had a lengthy break after touring ‘Elephant’ around the world, getting the record wrapped up wouldn’t be a problem.

He said: “I’m going home to record and it should be done pretty quick. I've done it [this way] for a long time, in my attic and out of my house, making 45s for bands. When bands would come to town, they'd stay at my house and we'd cut an album.

"I've been doing it for as long as I've been writing, and for as long as I've had bands, I've been recording. I never knew too much about the technical side, I just wanted to get things on tape that were soulful. And that's the same thing with (Loretta Lynn’s ’Van Lear Rose’). It was on 8-track, and we did it in 12 days."

NME.COM understands that the album, like those before it has been recorded on analogue equipment. A spokesperson for the band told NME.COM that the record does not have a confirmed release date. However, it is hoped that the record will be released in time for Glastonbury.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

White Stripes Set Release Date for Forthcoming LP
Source: Pitchfork Media

What's it been, like five weeks since we reported that creepily-pale blues exploders Jack and Meg White had just begun recording duties for their fifth studio album? Well, you can reset your egg timer, as according to an email from the band's label, V2 Records, the latest LP from the White Stripes has been given a release date of June 14.

The album, which was produced by singer/guitarist/thespian Jack White, doesn't seem to have an album title or tracklist yet, but their PR company notes that unlike the Stripes' previous release, 2003's Elephant, no guest artists appear on the disc. And considering Jack's recent crossover success with Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose, you know our good friend Kenny Rogers is somewhere sulking in his chicken bucket right now.

And what of potential tour dates in support of the album with no name? According to V2, "The band will tour South America and Eastern Europe first, no U.S. tour dates are confirmed." A handful of summer concerts have been committed to as of this writing, however, and include a trio of Mexican shows this May, followed by a set at the 2005 Music Midtown Festival in Atlanta on June 10. Also on the roster for the annual summer fest are Pixies, Lou Reed, Bloc Party, Coheed and Cambria, the Killers, Keane, Louis XIV, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Southern accents:

05-11 Monterrey, Mexico - Fundidora Amphitheatre de Coca Cola
05-13 Guadalajara, Mexico - Foro Alterno
05-14 Mexico City, Mexico - Palacio De Los Deportes
06-10 Atlanta, GA - Music Midtown Festival
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

they should release them really fast too
I like to hug dogs

modage

White Stripes Get Behind Satan!
Source: Pitchfork Media

Slowly but surely, the White Stripes are letting out the details on their new album. First they told us it was finished, then they told us when it was coming out, then they dropped the name of the first single, and now, finally, we have a title. Are you ready? Here it is: Get Behind Me Satan.

The album will be released on June 6 in the UK and June 7 Stateside. The first single, "Blue Orchid", will be released one week earlier. While some tour dates have already been announced, Jack White has told the LA Times that he and Meg plan to play "events" rather than traditional concerts in initial support of the album. He went on to say, "First we're going to play where we are not well known. Then if we have time, we will play New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Frankly, we are waiting for technology to advance in the United States before we attempt to perform this record live there."

Stefen

i love me some white stripes, but Jack White is making this album sound like moving pictures. Its a dude with a guitar and a broad on drums, not too technologically advanced. Leak it already, I wanna download it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02Get Behind Me Satan.
interesting. do u think it's like "get on my team, satan" or "move over lucifer, i'm more ruthless huh" or, like the elephant thing, will i hav to get high to know what this is about..
under the paving stones.

modage

i thought it was like, 'here i'll protect you from all this other shit out here', so get behind me.

Here, in all its glory, is the tracklist for Get Behind Me Satan:

01 Blue Orchid
02 The Nurse
03 My Doorbell
04 Forever For Her (Is Over For Me)
05 Little Ghost
06 The Denial Twist
07 White Moon
08 Instinct Blues
09 Passive Manipulation
10 Take, Take, Take
11 As Ugly As I Seem
12 Red Rain
13 I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)

modage

Stefen

Jack White doing his best Timberlake impression. On first listen this is garbage.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

i was thinking more Beck falsetto.

the song is now available for legal download through iTunes.

russiasusha

This is definitly j white, trying to sound like, j timberlake trying to sound like michael j

Which is fucking awesome.
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck