Six Feet Under is SIX FEET UNDER and infested with spoilers!

Started by Sigur Rós, April 27, 2003, 01:16:38 PM

Sigur Rós

Am i the only one who is totally stunned by this great series?
It's the best drama-series ever! There's actually nothing bad to say about it!

Raikus

I've been hooked on it for a while. Definetly the best drama series on TV.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cowboykurtisgreat show -- quickly going down hill.

OK, I'm watching season 1 and I'm really obsessed with it!

Raikus

Nah, it's just evolving. For it to go down hill it would stick to the same formula it used for the last two seasons. I can see how some don't like Season 3 (and the first few episodes threw me off as well) but it's really picking up now. It's all coming together and I can see why the change was necessary to throw the show in a totally different, totally great new direction.

And if you don't think this show has great dialogue, check out Arthur's line from last night's episode: "It was hand widdled by my Uncle Gueter who later died of Polio."
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

cowboykurtis

ill take your word for it. im not a religious follower of the show. i just noticed a difference in quality from previous seasons. the only one i saw this year was some sort of gay paintball outing -- it was pretty awful. the production value seems to have gone down as well.
...your excuses are your own...

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cowboykurtisim not a religious follower of the show.

Wow, I've never really thought of it that way. But I guess a lot of people do.

RegularKarate

This season is better than last season, but still no where near as good as the first.

The problem I have with this season was that I feel like they fished us in with the last episode of last season and then tried to convince us that this season may not actually even be happening.

Also, it's a lot more slow moving.  Not necessarily in pace, but less is happening, so it happens over more episodes.

Victor

i dont mind the slow pacing, i think this season is the best yet. last season was great, the only problem was that it was a bit too episodic. i.e. keith's sister hits a dude with a car, goes to prison. this season though, it's taking its time, its building, the characters are richer than theyve ever been. theyre comfortable without becoming lazy. i give the show enormous props for not sticking with the same formula every season. i think, especially this year, they are pushing tv to a whole new level of drama. but i can see how people who arent 'religious' over the show would be turned off by it. you really have to be in to the characters for it to work. its a very vouyeristic experience, living with these people. ive watched since the first episode, so im really invested, and really into these people. at times the show mirrors my own life. (in two days im going to have pieces up at an art show where i may have to confront two very important people from my past) I dont know, I just fucking love it. best show on tv, best show ever.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Newtron

Lauren Ambrose: hot ffffffffffffffffffffff action to the max.

blu

i am watching this season and it is completely boring!!!  it just moving too slow and i can't stand it.  it's sooooooooooooooooooo fucking slooooow.  it's like they are state employees getting paid by the hour.  wait, fuck that's it!  the writers are just writing a slow moving story so that they can get more shows in and make more money.  kinda smart in a hourly employee way.

Xixax

I've only missed one episode of this show since it started a few seasons ago, so I'm a devout follower.

I would say that it certainly isn't as great as the first season was. The dialogue and production value have also slipped - I would agree. But nonetheless, it's still one of the best hours on television. Right up there with the Sopranos (who's season 4 was about as disappointing as this season's SFU).

I'm just anxious for America Undercover Sundays to come back. They need to get rid of this "The Wire" shit. That show sucks balls.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

dufresne

i rented disc 1 with the full intention of getting the rest.  however i didn't/couldn't make it past the first episode.  i even tried watching the first episode on two different occassions and it still didn't pique my interest.
There are shadows in life, baby.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: dufresnei rented disc 1 with the full intention of getting the rest.  however i didn't/couldn't make it past the first episode.  i even tried watching the first episode on two different occassions and it still didn't pique my interest.

Are we watching the same series?? Is disc1 the first season?

dufresne

Quote from: Sigur Rós

Are we watching the same series?? Is disc1 the first season?

yeah.  i don't have HBO, so i've been catching up on the Sopranos, Band of Brothers, and i thought i should check out Six Feet since it's been highly recommended by a lot of friends.  i started out with disc 1 of season 1.
There are shadows in life, baby.