The Nine Lives of Tomas Katz

Started by Peeping Thom, September 07, 2003, 04:02:30 PM

Peeping Thom

Anybody seen this film ? I saw it during the heat wave of this summer, in a small theatre with no air-conditioning (!), and yet I really liked it.

Here's the story (from the official site http://www.tomas-katz.com) :

"A man comes out of the sewer by London's orbital motorway, the M25. He stays in London for a day. When he leaves, the whole universe has disappeared.

One by one, Tomas Katz possesses the body and soul of a series of 9 Londoners. As them, he wreaks havoc. As the Taxi Driver, he summons all taxis and cabs in London to one kosher meat-packaging plant in North London, causing devastation on the roads. As the Minister of Fish, he declares war on the middlefardistant-eastern country of Gwupigrubinudny-land. As the tube controller, he changes the underground network into a system that collects the dead from their graves to take them to the valley of the Last Judgement (near Amersham).

Only one man can stop him, the blind, spiritualist Chief of Metropolitan Police. This is a policeman who doesn't use normal investigative methods. He gathers his information on the Astral Plane, and makes enquiries into the spirit world with a Ouija Board. But can this one man prevent the Apocalypse? Can one man prevent the will of God? And who's God anyway?"

It's quite weird but really original : black & white, kind of experimental mix of sci-fi and german expressionism, MTV Videos and silent films...

My english is too poor to go on so I really advise you to see it.

Pubrick

never heard of it but i'm stealing the ideas, thanxabunch!
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Oh my God this sounds like a beautiful thing. Especially this part:

Quote from: Peeping ThomThis is a policeman who doesn't use normal investigative methods. He gathers his information on the Astral Plane, and makes enquiries into the spirit world with a Ouija Board. But can this one man prevent the Apocalypse?

I will buy this movie. If I can.

edit:

This seems to be the only place you can buy the DVD. Can anyone figure out what region this is?

Anachronism

You have indeed managed to whet my appetite... BRING FORTH THE WENCHES!!! But yeah seriously where can I locate this film? Oh nevermind.

I tried translating the site on AltaVista but the configuration of it prohibited me from doing so. Looks German to me but I know very little about Europe so it could be Dutch for all I know. But if you find out where to get it in English Jeremy LET ME KNOW!!!!