Best monologue in a Tarantino flick?

Started by Mia Wallace, February 22, 2004, 05:19:42 PM

Mia Wallace

Post your favorite..

QuoteThere's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17.  "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.  For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.  And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."  I been sayin' that shit for years.  And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass.  I never really questioned what it meant.  I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker 'fore you popped a cap in his ass.  But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice.  Now I'm thinkin', it could mean you're the evil man.  And I'm the righteous man.  And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness.  Or is could by you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish.  I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth.  The truth is you're the weak.  And I'm the tyranny of evil men.  But I'm tryin'.  I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

Not necessariliy my fave but just the first one that sprang to mind. I guess that makes it the most memorable one for me. It is suprisingly mature for a Tarantino film.
I have to go powder my nose

Alethia

it's not a monologue, but i love the exchanges between sam jackson and chris tucker in jackie brown, when ordell is trying to get beaumont into the trunk...

nix

Gotta love the Dennis Hopper Sicillian/Moore speech in True Romance.

I'm also a big fan of Walken's speech in Pulp.

Not to mention Ving Rhames'.

Goddamnit, there all so good.

The best one, though, might be Tim Roth's Comode story in Dogs.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

The Disco Kid

That whole scene with Hopper and Walken in True Romance is just amazing. I think it's the best thing Tarantino has ever written.

El Duderino

i think the best Tarantino dialouge is in pulp fiction when jules and vincent are driving with marvin in the back and they're talking about 'cops' then vincent accidently blows off marvin's head and all the shit after that.

plus all the scene's with 'The Wolf' are awesome.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

SiliasRuby

It's gotta be the Dennis Hopper speech in True Romance
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

El Duderino

Quote from: SiliasRubyIt's gotta be the Dennis Hopper speech in True Romance

noted.

grand theft sparrow

Got to go with Walken in Pulp Fiction, partially because you can so tell he forgot his lines when blanks out after, "This watch..."

socketlevel

Quote from: The Disco KidThat whole scene with Hopper and Walken in True Romance is just amazing. I think it's the best thing Tarantino has ever written.

i couldn't agree more, that is one of the top 5 best scenes of all time.  the way hopper uses walken's own words against him is just bloody perfect.  it's the best reversal i've ever seen.  i would have loved to see tony scott's face while they were shooting it.  i would be having an orgazism on set, just witnessing the pure magic of these two actors saying the perfect lines.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

So, even though it's directed by Tony Scott, it's still a QT flick?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

socketlevel

no it's not a QT film but it's the best thing he ever wrote.  it's better then any other scene he's done.  we can get technical and snarky arguing the symantics, but in the end that scene would not have happened if tarantino didn't create it.

yeah tony scott does suck balls.  but that was his shinning moment.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Recce

Quote from: El Duderinotony scott sucks

I gotta say, I like Tony Scott. 'Spy Game' was awesome and the 'Man on Fire' trailer is pretty cool. Unlike any other trailer I've seen actually. It has a very strange, but appealing, flow to it.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

El Duderino

i didnt know Man on Fire was Tony Scott....hmmm.....yeah, the trailer does look alright, though the premise looks like Denzel Washington just goes around killing people and not caring. so, IMO, it could go either way

modage

duderino have you seen Scott's BMW short Beat the Devil?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.