Best monologue in a Tarantino flick?

Started by Mia Wallace, February 22, 2004, 05:19:42 PM

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

Recce

Wow, this place rocks, those last few posts were pratically a conversation.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

El Duderino

alright i take back my "tony scott sucks" comment, because after that short, i feel more respect for him, it's so badass, thanks mod

modage

Quote from: El Duderinoalright i take back my "tony scott sucks" comment, because after that short, i feel more respect for him, it's so badass, thanks mod
haha i thought so.  that short blew my mind.  it makes me wish he could just go off and do whatever the hell he wanted and didnt have to try to fit his talents around a script which is not always the best.  if he could just go off and do whatever he wanted without having to worry about telling a story that made sense or engaging the audience for 2 hours his stuff would be insane, as shown there.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: El Duderinoalright i take back my "tony scott sucks" comment, because after that short, i feel more respect for him, it's so badass, thanks mod
haha i thought so.  that short blew my mind.  it makes me wish he could just go off and do whatever the hell he wanted and didnt have to try to fit his talents around a script which is not always the best.  if he could just go off and do whatever he wanted without having to worry about telling a story that made sense or engaging the audience for 2 hours his stuff would be insane, as shown there.

amen, brothah

Recce

Spy Game was kinda like that. A good piece of eye candy, compelling and entertaining. Plus, it wasn't the simplest thing to watch. It took me a couple tries to get everything, but it made it even more rewarding when I did finally understand it all. I was amazed that they didn't put in an old geizer factor (that point in every hollywoodized film where they recap everything that's happened for the old people or idiots who didn't bother to pay enough attention to get it. My parents are like that. Why bother to pay attention and figure it out when they could jsut ask me). Its even more surprising, cause I'm sure a lot of old people went to see it cause Robert Redford was in it. That leaves me with the distinct impression that he's calling a lot of the shots (forgive the pun) and is at that point where he need not submit it to a producer for approval. Well, I'm sure he does, but he doesn't have to forsake his artistic integrity when he does.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

El Duderino

yeah, spy game was decent, i've only seen it once though, maybe i'll give it another shot, it's on TV all the time

modage

actually it's on TBS this moment here.

El Duderino

speak of the goddamn devil...that it is

MacGuffin

What about "Crimson Tide"? You can tell exactly what scenes QT rewrote for that film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

wow...i havent seen crimson in a loooonnnggg time...i need to catch up on my sub movies...i.e hunt for red october and i'd say k-19, but i really dont ever want to see that

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

modage

who me? i've never seen crimson tide.  i used to have a thing against submarine movies.  i'm getting over it and preparing to see das boot later this year.