SNL Fanatic

Started by Jeremy Blackman, June 17, 2003, 05:04:21 PM

matt35mm

Thanks!  I haven't seen that in a very long time.

Pubrick

uh, yeah.. thanks.. i guess.

that's about as painful as every other short-length foray into comedy that pta has made. especially awkward due to the fucked up deaths of anna nicole and her son (both overdoses). and this was hardly amusing even before that.

what exactly did you need this for? are you building a case that pta has some kind of twisted crystal ball powers? seriously tho.. between this, couch and that david spade piece of shit (don't even want to remember the name), i am actually GLAD that no footage from "flagpole special" has ever emerged. we can be pretty sure that it would just be completely unbearable and embarrassing. this is only of interest to completists and ultra fans whose solid foundation of love for pta could withstand the ASSAULT ON GOOD TASTE that these short pieces inflict. everyone else should steer clear and level-headed fans should do everything in their power to distance PTA from these atomic turds. not since Fear and Desire has a non-canonical work had such power to negatively impact a well-earned PERFECT reputation.

now let us never speak of this again..
under the paving stones.

Stefen

It's like if Jack Horner decided to venture into real videomaking.

This even has PTA's parent issues.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ElPandaRoyal

I really fear that this is gonna be exactly like P described it, but I think I'm still going to check it out  :yabbse-undecided: (I don't even care about SNL, damnit!)
Si

md

Quote from: Derek on September 21, 2010, 08:08:45 PM
He didn't hate Affleck. They made one of the funniest SNL skits I've seen together.

what is love? don't hurt me no mo
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Jeremy Blackman

It had been years since I last saw it, so I wanted to see it again. I only had it on VHS before. So yes, I guess this would fall under the archival/completist category.

I do like the bit where Kenny breaks the news and the part just before the meeting. Outside of that, it's not that good, and not even necessarily funny (I definitely cringe at the "she probably should have" line), but I think it's still interesting.

I don't think we need to forget or deny it. We can just acknowledge it for what it is.

I suppose it would have been a better use of time to find quality versions of some PTA music videos, most of which still hold up.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

SPOILER

The idea of parents getting divorced and using that opportunity to abandon their kid is still kind of brilliant.

The jokes about suicide haven't aged as well.