Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

pete

hollywood doesn't get too many feminist movies so any movie starring a chick is always titled a girl power movie.
I think critics in papers and on tv in general don't really know their film history that well so the reviews will probably get a lot of references to dumb shit americans have seen like the matrix, crouching tiger, akira, karusawa, and if they're REALLY cool, maybe Lone Wolf and the Cub.  And I bet most of these critics don't really respect the genres that Tarantino's working with either.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Finn

Well, Ebert & Roeper have already reviewed this movie and gave it two big thumbs up calling it brilliant...and from what they said it did recieve the R rating.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

brockly

i just found out the house of blue leaves scene is being served in full colour in japan. is it only america that gets the black and white version, or is it all countries but japan? if so, is there gonna be a dvd release for the japanese version?

Ravi

Fake Japanese poster:

http://www.aintitcool.com/image/killbilljapanesemockup.jpg

The picture of Uma must be from The Avengers.  Is that Kato and the Green Hornet in the background?

Man, this is going to be one long week.  I might have to watch the last fight scenes in Game of Death over and over to pass the time.

Cecil

that weird logo kinda thing in the top left corner looks like a japanese nc-17 rating

Fernando

Interviews with Lucy Lu and Julie Dreyfus at LR.

More Interviews can be found at Joblo's.

nix

Just got back from a free press screening and all I can say is WOW. I'll need to see it a few more times before I post a full review.

There was nothing after the credits at my screening! Has anyone else had this problem?
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Ghostboy

There's not anything at the very end of the credits, but I'm sure you know that after the first few credits, like writing and directing, there's an epilogue of sorts to volume 1.

nix

They might have moved the credits because the one I saw had that before. If what you're talking about is what I think you're talking about. How do I do invisible ink, so I can ask you?
-Woddy Allen

brockly

Quote from: nixThey might have moved the credits because the one I saw had that before. If what you're talking about is what I think you're talking about. How do I do invisible ink, so I can ask you?

just pm

nix

I figured it out.

On the print I saw the "epilouge" actually came before the written and directed by credits. That is to say, it just felt like the end instead of an epilouge.
-Woddy Allen

Finn

Kill Bill is Rated R for strong bloody violence, language and some sexual content. Hmm...
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

edison

Quote from: SydneyKill Bill is Rated R for strong bloody violence, language and some sexual content. Hmm...

did you just now find that out?

Finn

Yeah, my computer hasn't been working since Sunday afternoon.

edison

but hasnt the rating been known for some time before sunday?