Virgin Mountain

Started by wilder, April 24, 2015, 03:41:22 PM

wilder

Fusi, a 43 year old man, still lives with his mother. His daily life is characterized by a monotonous routine.The appearance of vibrant Alma and young Hera will upset his old bachelor habits.

Written and Directed by Dagur Kári (Noi the Albino)
Starring Gunnar Jónsson, Ilmur Kristjánsdóttir, and Sigurjón Kjartansson
Release Date - TBD

jenkins

so you got me excited but you were razzing me 'cause there're no subtitles and ughck great yeah good laugh you got me

so i think it's like that scandinavian countries are super good at making movies about outsiders and outcasts and traditional-losers so since i appreciate those people irl and in theory i'm a bit magnetized by scandinavian movies, and i think dagur kári "gets it" in a beautiful way, but also he's suffered a bit from that characteristic that's common to international directors, in which they "elevate" their themes to make themselves appear more serious and philosophical and With Life's Answers and all that, except actually they're bullshitting and the method betrays the nature in which we got to know them, you know,

but i think he's coming back to the place in which i grew to love him, hell yeah, i'm excited, and also i made my post up a li'l bit to have an excuse to talk about this movie, and really i just mean i think it'll be better than the good heart based on the facts of me guessing that right now