top 5-10 favorite bands/solo artists right now

Started by Ernie, February 27, 2003, 10:23:44 AM

sexterossa

Quote from: ebeaman
Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: P
are u related to sexterrossa? search engines are ur friend.

Low blow Pubrick.... low blow

Lol! I can only imagine who he is referring to and I don't even want to know.

Actaully, you know...maybe I do want to know because, I have a feeling  that in a few years, I will be that reference and I want to be fully prepared to accept that.

everyone's fascination with me is astounding.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

sexterossa

I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

Sick Boy

Van Morrison
Parliament
Bob Dylan
Stevie Wonder
Grateful Dead
Wyclef Jean

Sleuth

Quote from: Sick BoyVan Morrison

You are my friend
I like to hug dogs

Pas

No particular order

The Smiths
Velvet Underground
Lou Reed
REM (not all their albums, Automatic for the People and Life's Rich Pageant mostly)
The Dears
Rush (also not everything)
Serge Gainsbourg
Dead can Dance

Sick Boy

Quote from: tremolosloth
Quote from: Sick BoyVan Morrison

You are my friend

COOL!!  Van will be in the U.S. in two weeks.  Four shows in four nights, I CAN'T WAIT! :-D

godardian

Quote from: BoothNo particular order

The Smiths
Velvet Underground
Lou Reed
REM (not all their albums, Automatic for the People and Life's Rich Pageant mostly)
The Dears
Rush (also not everything)
Serge Gainsbourg
Dead can Dance

What are The Dears like? They're the only group on the list I haven't heard of... Hopefully more like The Smiths or REM than Dead Can Dance...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pas

The Dears are a new group from Montreal, with a voice that sounds very much like Morissey's ... if you like the Smiths, you should like them, though they don't have half the spirit Morissey had in his lyrics.

And I agree that Dead Can Dance really didn't age well, and I didn't like them before seeing their show in Montreal 2-3 years ago. But now, I think they're very good, depending on my mood.

Oh, and I forgot someone on my list, Neil Young (and Crazy Horse)!

godardian

Quote from: BoothThe Dears are a new group from Montreal, with a voice that sounds very much like Morissey's ... if you like the Smiths, you should like them, though they don't have half the spirit Morissey had in his lyrics.

Well, I swallowed the likes of Gene and Echobelly hook, line, and sinker, so I'll have to give The Dears a try...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Mr. Joshua

Let's see:

1. Lightning Bolt
2. Whirlwind Heat
3. The Black Keys
4. The Locust
5. Cougars   :yabbse-thumbup:
6. Ex Models

As always subject to change.
"and in the windmill dawn, and under this orchard canopy, and out from under this barrel vault, and out from under this barrel vault." -

jokerspath

Quote from: Mr. JoshuaLet's see:

1. Lightning Bolt
2. Whirlwind Heat
3. The Black Keys
4. The Locust
5. Cougars   :yabbse-thumbup:
6. Ex Models

As always subject to change.

Hell, a Georgia boy with such tastes has got to know the band Portrait...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Vile5

Depeche Mode
U2
George Michael
Simply Red
Beatles
Los Fabulosos Cadillacs (great band from Argentina)
Charlie Garcia (from Argentina too)
Fito Paez (well Argentina have many great musicians he's from A too)
Blur
Radiohead
Xavier Naidoo (from Germany)
Frank Sinatra

well many many others
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Vile5

Quote from: m©gwaiVile5: have you heard roy vedas? just wondering...
No but now i want to know who's him
Who's him?

Vile5

i never heard about them but now i know they're an italian/argentinian pop dance(?) duo, well i just hope listen them one day

joshua james clarke

here`s what`s doin`it for me

tom waits - swordfishtrombones
albert ayler - spiritual unity
skatalites - discography
buck65 - square
fela kuti - fear not for man
the soundtracks for down by law and stranger than paradise
ornette coleman - the shape of jazz to come
the sea and cake - oui
sixtoo - antagonist survival kit