WMV speed converter needed

Started by Recce, November 30, 2005, 09:08:19 PM

Recce

I require a software able to adjust the speed of windows media video files. I need to create files at 5x, 20x and 100x the speed. Anyone know of any software capable of doig this? Anyone?

P.S. No remarks about how crappy WMV is, it wasn't my decision.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

md

what do you mean exactly when you say speed?  Are you looking to fast forward the clip at that rate?  If so youd probably need to take it into a video editor.  Its rather simple after that, and there is probably cheap or free software availible to fit your needs.  But it might be tricky since your using a wmv, id look into a wmv converter to either avi, or mov.  IF you can get a differant type of source of the same footage, its easier to do that.  If this isnt what your talking about sorry for making you read those last few sentamces...
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Reinhold

if you're on a PC, use windows movie maker or convert it and put it into a video editor as md suggested. you can speed up the clips in there. if not, get a converter for OS X if they're out there for free and do it in imovie or a better editor if you have one.

the ONLY other alternative would be to take still photographs of every fifth frame, ever tewntieth frame, and every hundredth frame, get them developed, line them up along the side of the road, and drive by while filming them at exactly the speed you'd like them played back.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.